Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Part Payment Issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Avios Part Payment Issue

I was 99% sure i chose part payment with 5000 avios bringing my £470 flight down to £430, i remember specifically seeing the amount at the bottom reading £430, but the £470 has came out and that is what is on the receipt. Is this a known issue or did i just mess up and perhaps unselect the part payment section (not impossible).
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What it should show is something like this. If you booked in the last 24 hours, I would call back and see whether this can be fixed by amendment, or whether it is a case of a free cancel and start again.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by GGla
I was 99% sure i chose part payment with 5000 avios bringing my £470 flight down to £430, i remember specifically seeing the amount at the bottom reading £430, but the £470 has came out and that is what is on the receipt. Is this a known issue or did i just mess up and perhaps unselect the part payment section (not impossible).
Hi there has been issues with this not working correctly on a.com might be worth a call.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold Virgin Atlantic Gold
This happened to me last night. I used 280,000 Avios to reduce the flights by £1500 and exactly as stated it showed the reduced price and when I confirmed the payment no Avios had gone and the price was not reduced. I called this morning and a very helpful guy rebooked it but the same thing happened to him. Eventually he did my booking manually and then cancelled the original booking. They said there was a known issue which appeared this morning.
Anonba likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
I had the same problem two weeks ago. I phoned them up and the agents were definitely aware of it being a reoccurring issue. The only solution the agents could offer was cancelling and rebooking sadly... for me at least!
Anonba likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:39 pm

Yep, just had the exact same happen to me. Thought I was going mad but I even took a screenshot just before the booking and it was definitely on there!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve had different issues where the payment was correct but the Avios used was slightly different - not even a round number! I think it’s marginally in my favour. I wonder whether they netted off Avios to be earned on the flight from the amount deducted?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
I’ve had different issues where the payment was correct but the Avios used was slightly different - not even a round number! I think it’s marginally in my favour. I wonder whether they netted off Avios to be earned on the flight from the amount deducted?
Are you the main earner in a Household Account?
JAXBA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.