Visa check night before at LGW?

Old Mar 11, 19, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
Visa check night before at LGW?

My wife and toddler are travelling to AMS early Sat morning. She is non EU and needs a visa check, she is nervous about time on the sat morning but can pop in on her way home on Friday, about 15 hours before the flight. Will BA be happy to do visa check and issue BPs the day before, bearing in mind the toddler won't be with her?

fairly sure the answer is yes, but wanted to double check.
Old Mar 12, 19, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would assume no on the basis that one of the passengers isnít present?
Old Mar 12, 19, 1:25 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Does the toddler need a visa check? If that’s the case, I’d suggest her visa check could be done in the twilight check in but beware as sometimes due to staff shortages they will close early.

Assuming they sre travelling HBO can you then check in for the toddler online and get a BP?

If not check in at LGW is pretty quick and shouldn’t take more than a minute or so on Saturday.
Old Mar 12, 19, 1:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Unlike LHR T5, you can also do the visa check in the lounge, so you can clear security before that. The exception would be SSSS in that you won't get a boarding pass without going to a desk. The process takes seconds so by all means checkin luggage during Twilight Check-in and then complete visa check in the lounge. If there is no luggage then don't bother going the night before, just do it in the lounge.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Mar 12, 19, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
Toddler doesn't need the check. Will pass on the info (I'm bouncing around between KL and Katmabdhi this week)