Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

B737 Max : CAA bans from UK airspace; Comair aircraft grounded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B737 Max : CAA bans from UK airspace; Comair aircraft grounded

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
OK, let’s take another angle. This forum is one of the busiest on FT, and members fly on may different airlines. Perhaps this discussion could be informtive to those who use multiple carriers .... where shoukd tjis be posted?
737-Max 8 safety concerns
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Fair call ... but the Mods decide. I have no concern whichever way it goes, as I have no future 737 bookings of any persuasion.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
When was the last time in the thread Comair and it’s one single aircraft was mentioned? As pointed out above the only difference between here and pprune is that at least the most of the posters on here don’t pretend they are pilots.
Then the mods can decide whether or not this discussion has become completely irrelevant to BA, CJ, MN and EZ.
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SKRan

777 had issues in pattern, doesn’t that worry you? involved a BA flight
You'll need to update me. I've no recollection of 777 crashes involving brand new aircraft within six months of each other.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Sealink
You'll need to update me. I've no recollection of 777 crashes involving brand new aircraft within six months of each other.
Quite. And in any case, the loss of YMMM had little or nothing to do with the design of the frame, nor the positioning of the engines, nor the grandfathering of type certification
TedToToe likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
.....with the most tenuous of links to BA. Not sure why it’s still here to be honest.
Tend to agree.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Two things:
1. I highly commend the Seattle Times article also linked in the thread Kgmm77 flagged. https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ion-air-crash/
The article (and comments) really gets into the nitty gritty of overall governance failings; not just at the manufacturer but also the regulators and other checks & balances. Scary stuff too on some risk assessment and risk management failings. A rotten mess to clean up and one still wonders whether oversight methods will learn lessons.

2. There is to be a review of the Certification of the 737-MAX8 ...
https://www.transportation.gov/sites...-2012-2017.pdf

For me. It does seem MCAS, software, was a response to delivery timeline risk and not properly identified for significant focus in the certification process nor able to gain that focus (for example as other bodies saw the dossiers). Should not be that way.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by littlefish
Two things:
1. I highly commend the Seattle Times article also linked in the thread Kgmm77 flagged. https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ion-air-crash/
The article (and comments) really gets into the nitty gritty of overall governance failings; not just at the manufacturer but also the regulators and other checks & balances. Scary stuff too on some risk assessment and risk management failings. A rotten mess to clean up and one still wonders whether oversight methods will learn lessons.
Thanks for that.

For me, the most chilling part of a disturbing read was:

"Since MCAS was supposed to activate only in extreme circumstances far outside the normal flight envelope, Boeing decided that 737 pilots needed no extra training on the system."
gypsyjaney likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.