Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Leg No-Show: Urgent Advice Sought

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it's not a dumb question, what about the NCL-AMS service at 06:00 hrs tomorrow?

Otherwise, yes I would be fine-tuning your charm offensive this evening. Your responsibility is to be at AMS at least an hour before departure or the ticket will be cancelled - being somewhere else - whether LHR or GLA - isn't much help.
Not dumb, but not possible. Should've thought of it earlier! (No train to NCL before 4:30, arrives after 8:00.)

-- H
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no "official position." All that controls is your contract and the fare rules. It is fairly grim. Those require that you fly all segments of your ticket in the order issued and further that if you fail to fly a segment, the remaining segments are all cancelled. The fare rules would then come into play as to whether there is a refund and, if so, how much.

Bottom line for a standard penalty fare would be that your entire ticket out to BKK and any return or onwards segments would be cancelled. You would be able to recover the taxes less an administrative fees.

That is why you are at the mercy of BA staff at GLA or LHR as the case may be.
orbitmic, watersign and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Henry III
Not dumb, but not possible. Should've thought of it earlier! (No train to NCL before 4:30, arrives after 8:00.)

-- H
Well the taxi fare is about £300 (subject to haggling) so less than the BA ticket.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Interesting thread...

NCLAMS = £657 + 300 taxi = close to £1,000 extra but with a good probability of making the trip
GLALHR = £500 extra with a good probability of denied boarding to BKK

I sense the OP is versed to this game and a bit of a gambler... The value of the extra £500 on top of the extra £500 already paid...

Good luck!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Well the taxi fare is about £300 (subject to haggling) so less than the BA ticket.
Uber is quoting £165 - £220 for George Square to NCL, if you can get a driver that’s amenable.
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Interesting thread...

NCLAMS = £657 + 300 taxi with a good probability of making the trip
GLALHR = £500 with a good probability of denied boarding to BKK

I sense the OP is versed to this game and a bit of a gambler...

Good luck!
If the OP is already ticketed on KL, they will probably transfer the ticket to the NCL flight, leaving only the £300 cab fare to pay. If the easyJet flight from EDI is too late, this is probably the best option.
Takiteasy likes this.
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
NCLAMS = £657 + 300 taxi with a good probability of making the trip
I'm assuming KLM would rebook the OP for free here.
Takiteasy likes this.
Original Poster

Plus the price of the NCL-AMS ticket! But, anyway, nothing available before 13:00 - and my flight from AMS is 11:40.

-- H
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:31 pm

Plus the price of the NCL-AMS ticket! But, anyway, nothing available before 13:00 - and my flight from AMS is 11:40.

-- H
0600 is available as highlighted by cws. I have even priced it for you in case KLM does not reroute you for free (which it should!) or in case you can’t reach them and want to book it as an extra.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Next question: any know a 24hr BA phone number? (BAEC Gold shuts at midnight!)

-- H
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84

Uber is quoting £165 - £220 for George Square to NCL, if you can get a driver that’s amenable.
Off topic but Uber drivers don’t get given the destination in advance and hence don’t have a choice of declining IIRC
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:35 pm

See post 2 - use the USA number.

The NCL - AMS service is also available as a redemption albeit at 55.5k Miles and 48€

1-800-247-9297 is the main US number and is open now.

-- H
Sydney will be open now: (+61) 1300 767 177
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Interesting thread...

NCLAMS = £657 + 300 taxi = close to £1,000 extra but with a good probability of making the trip
GLALHR = £500 extra with a good probability of denied boarding to BKK

I sense the OP is versed to this game and a bit of a gambler... The value of the extra £500 on top of the extra £500 already paid...

Good luck!
Not really a gambler! But, what - realistically - are the chances of 'good will' from BA staff? (After all, I've just paid them decent £££ for the GLA-LHR flight!)

NCL option looks really grim - rather just lose the will to live.

-- H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.