Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA A319 economy class is too tight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
I’m sure the friend in Miami will be able to sort it out.
N830MH and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by Often1
Neither EU nor US rules require BA to provide a seat with extra leg room for a person who is precluded from the exit row because he is hearing impaired.
I was not implying that he asks for an exit row seat. I am well aware that hearing impaired people cannot sit in an exit row seat as I am profoundly deaf myself. I made the suggestion as some aircraft may have roomier legroom seats which are not exit row.

I have used the above regulations to book my CE/CW seat in May despite being Bronze. I chose my seat carefully so I am away from toilets/galley as I am hyper-sensitive to vibration/light and being able to have my partner next to me.

Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FEMW
I was not implying that he asks for an exit row seat. I am well aware that hearing impaired people cannot sit in an exit row seat as I am profoundly deaf myself. I made the suggestion as some aircraft may have roomier legroom seats which are not exit row.

I have used the above regulations to book my CE/CW seat in May despite being Bronze. I chose my seat carefully so I am away from toilets/galley as I am hyper-sensitive to vibration/light and being able to have my partner next to me.

This must be really difficult. Doesn't the vibration issue just make flying something you'd avoid? How do you handle the window blinds being not ideal for you?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by dougzz
This must be really difficult. Doesn't the vibration issue just make flying something you'd avoid? How do you handle the window blinds being not ideal for you?
Hopefully the eye shades stay on long enough to get some sleep! My experience when camping is the eyes shades get pulled off. I’m on the A380 both ways so hoping the quieter engines will mean less vibration. It is more about people walking up and down as I feel the footsteps and the air movement. Coupled with say CC opening and closing curtain giving flashes of light through. I am in the window seat so have control of the window blinds :-)

i do remember reading of someone on FT who was deaf and wanted a certain seat in Y on the A380 due to the fact there would be no one kicking the seat behind them. Grumpy FEMW appears when people behind kick my seat/keep footering about with tray table etc!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass

.... Grumpy FEMW appears when people behind kick my seat/keep footering about with tray table etc!
You don't have to be profoundly deaf to get vexed by this

Definitely an equal opportunity complaint.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA gold

Hopefully the eye shades stay on long enough to get some sleep! My experience when camping is the eyes shades get pulled off. I’m on the A380 both ways so hoping the quieter engines will mean less vibration. It is more about people walking up and down as I feel the footsteps and the air movement. Coupled with say CC opening and closing curtain giving flashes of light through. I am in the window seat so have control of the window blinds :-)

i do remember reading of someone on FT who was deaf and wanted a certain seat in Y on the A380 due to the fact there would be no one kicking the seat behind them. Grumpy FEMW appears when people behind kick my seat/keep footering about with tray table etc!
Possibly may have been me perhaps, as I sometimes do this - it's a balance between bulkheads or last row of each section of that cabin. Like you, I'm sensitive to light... a side effect of being trained to pick up flashing lights in my sleep to mean fire alarm.

Fortunately my status on BA helps a lot on this regard. If only my employer wouldn't book flights so close to online check-in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.