GGL Call Wait Times

Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
GGL Call Wait Times

Is it just me or are they getting much longer? A half dozen calls this week for minor changes--I've had to wait 5+ minutes.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
In my experience it varies enormously. From answering almost immediately to 10 mins (rarely). But I don't think its getting any worse than it has been in the past.
bullroot likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Complain. They are aware, but the more noise the better.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

yeah its been 5 to 20 minutes this week.

who thought AA would be better?

and it was always almost immediately. sigh.

Last edited by VSLover; Feb 20, 2019 at 2:33 pm Reason: ...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Yes. Some quite long delays in recent days but I have had some excellent service when I finally got through!
bullroot likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I contacted them multiple times last week over a rebooking that got complicated and as soon as the recorded announcement was over, it was picked up every time.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:27 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by VSLover
yeah its been 5 to 20 minutes this week.

who thought AA would be better?

and it was always almost immediately. sigh.
AA has been much better with phone service for a LONG TIME. BA's phone service is one of the most annoying things about BA and it's been that way for a LONG TIME too.
SoggyDollar likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Yes. Some quite long delays in recent days but I have had some excellent service when I finally got through!

i completely agree as their service 99% of the time is superb!

yesterday i became violently ill with food poisoning. i was meant to travel to DUB for a work dinner then depart DUB-LHR-JFK in F today for hols. i was moved to a later DUB flight last night to make the turn-around, however the uber got lost to LCY (eyeroll) and as i needed to check a bag, missed that flight.

called GGL line and was told i need to pay 4k to drop the first leg. as i was not in the mood for that the agent advised going to LHR today to "see what can be done" so after some thought, i needed this flight to JFK so called back ready to pay up and explained the situation to the new agent who got me sorted, fee free. bless her as my stomach couldn't handle much more upset yesterday!

side note--last night's calls reminded me of the annoyance with BA closing up shop for GGL at 8pm! given the location in the UK and routes, i occasionally run into this time issue, but a tad frustrating.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by VSLover
side note--last night's calls reminded me of the annoyance with BA closing up shop for GGL at 8pm! given the location in the UK and routes, i occasionally run into this time issue, but a tad frustrating.
They are there until 10pm, which isn't much better and still a giant pain.
VSLover likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:41 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I'm not GGL these days, but my recent calls to You First (so same team) confirms that I have also noticed much longer wait times. Same for email. Responses used to be speedy, now 2-3 days turnaround is at the quicker end of the scale.

I think this is just another example of BA's general attitude to customer service these days. BA management simply sees it as a cost and inconvenience. If reducing service levels annoys some of their most loyal customers, so be it. They think people will just keep paying them money, no matter how bad the service gets. Which in some cases is true, due to BA's dominance on some routes, but even then there is only so far you can stretch an elastic band before it snaps!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Just a small data point - I called last night around 10pm to make a booking and waited less than 30 seconds. Called this morning at 8:40am to make another booking and the wait was around a minute. (London times).
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
To be fair, I sent a mail about something last week just after lunchtime, had an email response within the hour and had a call from customer relations the next morning, with a clear plan to resolution.
Sometimes the call times are a little longer, but the service can still be superb if you get lucky.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
My calls to the GGL line after 10pm have been routed to India.

Not sure which team there provides support but I have found them to be very proactive and great too!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Rarely need to phone but last week wanted to book a Joker flight and extend a GUF2. Phoned answered immediately after introduction.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
My calls to the GGL line after 10pm have been routed to India.

Not sure which team there provides support but I have found them to be very proactive and great too!
They told me the other day that I couldn't use avios on CX because they are not a oneworld airline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.