Malaysia Airlines to BA

Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Malaysia Airlines to BA

Looking on the MH site it would appear that Malaysian will be OK to check our bags from HKT to LHR via KUL. The flights are MH to KUL then BA to LHR on separate bookings. Does anyone on here have any recent experience in a similar position as much of the information is relatively old?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
MH will check through bags on separate bookings. See the the master thread on the oneworld board which has a helpful summary in the wiki

Bag interlining issues and OW policy changes (Combined threads)
steve170461 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
As of Sept last year, MH were happy to check bags through from Kuching via KUL to LHR on two separate bookings with the long haul on BA. It's a YMMV one, and you can end up with discussions about baggage allowance on BA (take a printout of the BA rules), but generally it seems they allow it.
dsf likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Had the same route last year and bags checked through no problem
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:12 am

Yep no problem, they can usually print you a boarding pass as well now that MH are using Amadeus
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I had no idea the wiki regarding baggage existed. Great work.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:47 am
Original Poster

This went really well with the agent at HKT knowing exactly what to do and printed out the BA BPs without asking. It was a long day as being risk averse we had opted for the 1030 MH out of HKT rather than the later 1630-which did operate normally as it happens. Not sure how MH make that route pay though as the 2 flights we did had no more than 30 pax on each.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I am doing HKT-KUL-LHR on separate tickets. How strict will they be on baggage? Does a Avios ticket in Economy allow 25kg? Will be connecting to BA in F. (does KUL still have a F lounge?)

If I get the 1810 that arrives into KUL at 2040 I won't need to leave airside so that should be enough time for the BA flight at 2300?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I am doing HKT-KUL-LHR on separate tickets. How strict will they be on baggage? Does a Avios ticket in Economy allow 25kg? Will be connecting to BA in F. (does KUL still have a F lounge?)

If I get the 1810 that arrives into KUL at 2040 I won't need to leave airside so that should be enough time for the BA flight at 2300?
your checked bag allowance will be whatever the standard MH allowance is in Y - it should say on your MH MMB or the MH site. The fact you are taking a flight later on in F is irrelevant. At least MH will check through bags on to separate partner tickets.

there is an f lounge in Kul in the satellite.

if everything is on time then youll be fine. If you are late it wont be. Anything under 2 hours delay you should be ok.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
30kg in Y on MH. That's per passenger.

KUL first is ok, I prefer the J side to be honest, there's a bit more going on.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bisonrav
30kg in Y on MH. That's per passenger.

KUL first is ok, I prefer the J side to be honest, there's a bit more going on.
To be fair thats more than decent. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.