Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Hopefully they will load more LPGS. The BA58 CPT-LHR on Thursday had only 2 bottles loaded for a full first cabin, that’s not even 1-glass/passenger
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by escape2sun
Hopefully they will load more LPGS. The BA58 CPT-LHR on Thursday had only 2 bottles loaded for a full first cabin, that’s not even 1-glass/passenger
Not much of a bubbly fan myself, but this could explain the fairly commonplace ‘thimbleful’ photos ......
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
On the basis of the very limited sample of menus posted above, I must admit to being a little underwhelmed by what I've seen of the new menu concept for a few reasons. First, I don't like the idea of having to choose my own sides, and would much rather order a main course where some serious thought has gone into preparing a complete dish, with flavours matched carefully. A variety of different veg and potato options will work perfectly acceptably if you're opting for the steak, but I think there'll be clashes when you try to make selections from the limited list of sides to accompany other meats or fish. I also fear that this approach will also have a negative impact on the presentation of the dishes; we might firmly end up in Sunday lunch territory here. Secondly, aside from the new sliders option (only apparently available on longer flights), the snack menu looks to basically involve moving the Club Kitchen further forward. I think they could have been more adventurous here. Finally, the wine list does not look to have seen any improvement at all. And, for me, this was an area where the most change was needed. I would also really like to see something other than Grand Siècle being offered as the headline champagne choice just for a change. I've not seen the soft drink list yet, but I do hope at least that BA will have gone down the route of offering a decent English sparkling non-alcoholic pressé (or something similar). Let's see.

But I will retain an open mind. And, if the quality and taste of the food is markedly improved, I expect that I might indeed be suitably whelmed.
So many people are willing to tear this apart before they have even seen it launched! Tomorrow will be telling, lets reserve judgement until then!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by subject2load

Not much of a bubbly fan myself, but this could explain the fairly commonplace ‘thimbleful’ photos ......

Not in First, the 'thimblegate' allegations that we occasionally hear of were in respect to the PDB offered in Club.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not in First, the 'thimblegate' allegations that we occasionally hear of were in respect to the PDB offered in Club.
Fair enough.

Although ..... post # 196 above, from escape2sun, tells us that there is no guarantee of what one might reasonably consider as adequate supplies even in F.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Fair enough.

Although ..... post # 196 above, from escape2sun, tells us that there is no guarantee of what one might reasonably consider as adequate supplies even in F.
i can’t say I have struggled for my pdb in F over the last few months. What’s you experience been?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Fair enough.

Yes, but that is unusual and is not unique to BA. It happens often on QR too (who you regularly praise), only a few weeks ago two friends experienced dried up bubbles in first class just 90 minutes in to a flight to DOH. Perhaps we should stay on topic and continue the discussion about imminent upgrading of the BA First offering?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

i can’t say I have struggled for my pdb in F over the last few months. What’s you experience been?
Not too much a bubbly fan, as stated. My travelling companion’s experience has been less than ideal - at least in comparison with other carriers (maybe not as lucky as you ! )
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, but that is unusual and is not unique to BA. It happens often on QR too (who you regularly praise), only a few weeks ago two friends experienced dried up bubbles in first class just 90 minutes in to a flight to DOH.
It’s a poor show in F regardless of carrier.

But yes, I do praise QR .... no argument there.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:07 pm

Not too much a bubbly fan, as stated. My travelling companion’s experience has been less than ideal - at least in comparison with other carriers (maybe not as lucky as you ! )
In f over the last few months? What routes and dates was this where you companion had an issue?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:08 pm

It’s a poor show in F regardless of carrier.

But yes, I do praise QR .... no argument there.
it’s funny because my last F QR flight they ran out of Krug by the meal service on a LHR-DOH flight. Apparently only 4 bottles were loaded for the whole DOH-LHR-DOH rotation. Not a great experience tbh.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

Came across this on YouTube with the new male amenity kit and PJs. Also a boxed cup and saucer, not sure what this is about?

Not sure I like the looks of the new PJs, I really liked the old ones.
Tobias-UK and Oaxaca like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:36 pm

In f over the last few months? What routes and dates was this where you companion had an issue?
All water - or should that be champers (ho ho) - under the bridge now ! No logs maintained, I’m afraid. I guess I could track back exact dates if I had the motivation. But as Monty Python might say - Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition. IIRC the routes involved were CPT and SFO .... but that could be wrong.

More a passing comment prompted by other posts about variable stock levels than material worthy of official complaint ..... but it’s now sounding much more important to you than it is to my friend

Back to Dad’s Army on BBC2. As you can tell, It’s a crazy wild Saturday night for me

Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:40 pm

it’s funny because my last F QR flight they ran out of Krug by the meal service on a LHR-DOH flight. Apparently only 4 bottles were loaded for the whole DOH-LHR-DOH rotation. Not a great experience tbh.
Indeed. Not great at all ! Just shows they can be every bit as lax as BA at times.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:47 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Sadly soup is the only course I have found 'outstanding' in a BA F cabin.
I made the mistake of asking for soup *and* starter once... I was firmly put in my place by the "friendly" crew
chris87 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.