Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
So, is there a picture of the male amenity kit, or do we get the same flowery design as the ladies? My money is on boring black again.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
So, is there a picture of the male amenity kit, or do we get the same flowery design as the ladies? My money is on boring black again.
You can see the men's amenity kit next to the chap wearing pyjamas. And yes, it's black.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Very sceptical, ever heard of the phrase "polishing a turd?" The steak will be dry, the scones will be rock hard and the service dismal. But maybe I'm jaded!
Really? Yes you are jaded!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by hearingdouble
You can see the men's amenity kit next to the chap wearing pyjamas. And yes, it's black.
They always have to make the male amenity kit boring compared to the female - and now there is less stuff in it!

That said, I'm liking all the other changes. And I'm actually hoping that the afternoon tea service might return to West Coast USA now.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
You can tell how excited he is with it as it looks unopened, unlike the young lady who was obviously excited to see what was in her’s.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Fingers crossed for 4 April - I seem to have the new menu without a main course salad, so it’s looking positive...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Our First First is coming up on April 10th so this is a nice surprise to see an update. Kinda bummed we are missing the Liberty bags though

Is the loungewear handed out on day flights too? We are returning home in J. Although given my proportions I don't hold out much hope for the sizing to be right anyway.

Not a fan of Elemis but its not like they were going to go with anyone else.

Glassware looks good though!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
Our First First is coming up on April 10th so this is a nice surprise to see an update. Kinda bummed we are missing the Liberty bags though

Is the loungewear handed out on day flights too? We are returning home in J. Although given my proportions I don't hold out much hope for the sizing to be right anyway.

Yes, PJs are provided on all First flights.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley

Hi,

Yes, the loungwear is handed out on dayflights too.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon
It will be interesting to see if they up their wine game, especially with regard to Bordeaux. I certainly hope so.....
Given the reported limited budgets Bordeaux (and even moreso Burgundy) is exactly what they should be avoiding.

Much better wine available from elsewhere at the price points suggested. I'd prefer people to broaden their wine horizons rather than drink mediocre claret.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I was last in F from LHR-SFO and asked for ice cream, they told me to go back to the club kitchen and get it.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
When I was last in F from LHR-SFO and asked for ice cream, they told me to go back to the club kitchen and get it.
Are you serious? What did you say? Hope you complained!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: QF WP

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
My guess:

Two rings joined by a vertical 'pole' (with bends), none of which is in the photo.
One of the rings sits under the lower plate, the other ring sits under the upper plate. The pole (or two) joining the lower and upper rings supports the upper ring on which the upper plate sits.

I've tried to find an example online but I can't find it. I have seen the ring system with a vertical 'pole' at the side though (it saves space compared to a normal two-tier plates with a pole in the middle).
i think you’re envisioning the same sort of thing I am- kind of like this one but with a lot of the extraneous structure removed
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Were you asked to pay with exact change ?
Joking aside, that is a new low.......hope you brought it to the CSD's attention.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants

i think you’re envisioning the same sort of thing I am- kind of like this one but with a lot of the extraneous structure removed
The third photo in post #6 of this thread confirms your understanding, the stand is 2 circles connected by a 'C' shaped bar.

It's the out of focus bit to the left of the stem of the champagne flute.

LTN Phobia and nancypants like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.