Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue

Well, the liberty bags didn’t last too long
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Lewis King
Well, the liberty bags didn’t last too long https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...50146069041152
Excellent, thanks for posting, I have a LAX flight on 1 April so (if I remember) I'll be sure to do a review - IF the new product is offered.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:41 am

From BA.com (I've bolded some of the interesting improvements:

From 31 March, enjoy a whole host of new features and thoughtfully created comforts in First.
  • Delicious, indulgent dining experience, with exclusively designed crockery, cutlery and glassware from the finest British designers, William Edwards, Studio William and Dartington
  • Foam and microfibre mattress topper and 400 thread count bedding
  • Exclusively-designed male and female Temperley London loungewear, amenity bag and slippers
  • A range of luxury Elemis skin care products
  • High performance Meridian headphones offering a fully immersive in-flight audio experience
The rollout of new First products will start 31 March and will be complete by mid-April.

We've worked with some of the world's top chefs and British designers to bring you the full restaurant experience at 35,000 feet.
  • Luxury meals including classic English afternoon tea, made with only the highest quality seasonal ingredients
  • A wide selection of Champagnes, wines, spirits, and non-alcoholic drinks
  • Flexibility to order whenever suits you best
  • Our full ŕ la carte menu, plus a range of lighter options
The photographs suggest that, finally, full size glassware will be provided in First. I look forward to trying the new service.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I look forward to trying the new service.
Seems to be much needed improvements, which I very much look forward to trying in early May ^

This is a return sector, where the outbound sector is LX F, so will be interesting to see how the new BA F soft product stands up.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Quite intrigued by these new F offerings; they seem to be legitimate upgrades from the current product.

I've got an F to LAX on the 6th April, and a return on the 23rd; so should be able to have a good, long look at the bottoms of all those new glasses.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:25 am

This is the BA press release on the new First offering - note the rollout of the new products will start on March 31 and will be complete by April 7:

British Airways is set to deliver significant changes to the onboard product and service in its First cabin as part of its Ł6.5bn investment for customers.

The new look and feel, set to take to the skies from March 31, will include new bedding, amenities and menus that would not look out of place in a revered five-star British hotel.

The airline’s First customers will be offered super-soft, sophisticated new male and female loungewear designed exclusively by luxury British fashion brand, Temperley London. The loungewear will be coupled with bespoke British Airways amenity bags, featuring Temperley’s “Star” design. The bags will be filled with products from No 1 British Skincare brand, ELEMIS, including products from the highly sought after ULTRA SMART PRO-COLLAGEN range*. The amenity kit contains the essentials to cleanse, revive and hydrate.

The airline’s chefs have also designed new delicious A La Carte menus that focus on fresh seasonal ingredients of British provenance. The new menus will be served on elegant bone china crockery, designed exclusively for the airline by high-end British tableware designer William Edwards. The new tableware will be accompanied by contemporary cutlery from Studio William.

The airline will also be introducing a new signature afternoon tea service, showcasing the great British tradition of high tea. The menu will include a selection of sandwiches, delicate pastries and scones, as well as a wide range of tea infusions.

As part of the changes, British Airways is also investing in new Dartington glassware. Travellers will now be able to enjoy the airline’s fine wines and champagnes from sophisticated stemware, while soft drinks and spirits will be served from elegant cut-glass tumblers.

Carolina Martinoli, British Airways’ Director of Brand and Customer Experience, said: “As part of our Ł6.5bn investment for customers, we’re changing parts of the travel experience in our First cabin. Our teams of designers, chefs and customer service experts have carefully thought through the details we know matter most to our customers.

“In this, our centenary year, we’ve sought out some of the best British designers and manufacturers to work with to ensure travelling in First with British Airways is an unforgettable experience.”

The airline’s First customers will benefit from an improved turndown service for the perfect night’s sleep, thanks to new luxurious 400 thread count bedding, accompanied by a foam fibre mattress topper. Customers will also receive a stylish new day blanket and bolster cushion.

And those wishing to relax and enjoy the 1,000 hours of programmes available on the in-flight entertainment channels, can do so through high performance headphones crafted by Meridian, the British Pioneers of High Resolution audio.

British Airways’ First customers continue to have access to the airline’s exclusive First Wing at Heathrow Terminal 5. Re-designed and unveiled in 2017, the First Wing provides customers with a private check-in area leading through to dedicated security lanes, which grant customers direct access to British Airways’ prestigious First Lounge.

2019 is British Airways’ Centenary year. The airline is investing Ł6.5 billion for customers over five years, including new aircraft, new cabins, new catering, new lounges, WiFi, and new routes.

* ULTRA SMART PRO-COLLAGEN is a new bespoke range of skincare that adapts to individual needs to preserve and promote younger looking, luminous skin.

Female amenity bags contain:
Cleansing micellar facial wipe
Soothing apricot facial wipe
Pro-collagen rose mist
Ultra smart pro-collagen matrix moisturiser
Ultra smart pro-collagen eye cream
Hydra-nourish lip balm
Sea lavender and samphire hand cream
Fortitude deodorant

Male amenity bags contain:
Ultra smart pro-collagen eye cream
Ultra smart pro-collagen matrix moisturiser
Cleansing micellar facial wipe
Skin soothe shave gel
Fortitude deodorant
Hydra-nourish lip balm

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Mar 6, 2019 at 5:31 am Reason: Add photographs
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: Some
Finally, some decent champagne flutes! Glad to see some recognition from BA that the previous F glassware was, for want of a better word, c**p.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
"A wide selection of Champagnes, wines, spirits, and non-alcoholic drinks "

But as we already know, the white wine must cost them less than UKP 6 at wholesale prices..........
Buster, aristoph and dylanc like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I do really hope every thing that is written will live up to the standard as highlighted - most importantly is I hope that the crew will live up and be on par to the upgraded hard products. Can't wait to try it out at the end of April when I have another trip with BA in First.

Cheers!
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:04 am

HIGH TEA????? what??? Isn't it Afternoon Tea?
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
New headphones? Well it's about sodding time.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:22 am

"The airline will also be introducing a new signature afternoon tea service"

Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:24 am

Men need hand cream too!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Men need hand cream too!
Rubbish, men's hands are widely acknowledged to be softer than women's hands so there's no need for it.
gazzer666 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I see two different sorts of PJs. The lady in the photo is wearing one of them with a cross-over design at the collar, whereas the other one seems to be just the edging around the neck.

Are there going to be male/female versions of PJs, I wonder?

(Being that I quite like Temperley, I am not complaining, and I'm glad to see BA having picked a British fashion house for it!)
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.