Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
On the whole, this seems positive, and I think pretty much everything seems like an improvement, except for Afternoon Tea. Even in CW you get the option to have an alternative to the sandwiches, so this really seems like a step backwards. Personally I think it should be a sort of hybrid afternoon tea with the cakes and scones for everyone and an option of sandwiches or a few alternative small plate dishes (hot and cold).

I actually think Virgin get it really right in J with their second meal 'Extra Bites' option - they have a range of small plates available and you can order as many as you want (when you want). I'll caveat that with the fact i haven't flown them since they introduced their new Afternoon Tea, so I have no idea how this fits with the Extra Bites.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:59 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
While we're on the subject of gender inequalities with the washbags, interesting to see the gender differences here too - the protective man, sat up with his adult drink and his important and serious notebook and pen, using his boy-toy headphones, with his black washbag ignored; and the woman blissfully asleep after her tea, with her feminine washbag rummaged, and its moisturisers and girly things scattered asunder.

chicks are messy. ☺️☺️☺️
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:07 am

I've never before seen so much discussion/debate on an afternoon tea/cake stand
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
A little off-topic, but at the Israel Breakfast last year, Alex Cruz said that T3 would be getting a Gold Wing. Is this any closer to happening?
The First class check in at T3 now has a First Wing-esque wall around it, if that counts...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:55 am

I also notice that these photos were taken on a 789, with the tarmac clearly visible out of the window. Perhaps they found a use for G-ZBKO...
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by JamieG
I've never before seen so much discussion/debate on an afternoon tea/cake stand

This must be your first visit to the BA Forum, welcome, there are plenty posts on raw sausages if you look back.
HMPS, alex67500 and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
The First class check in at T3 now has a First Wing-esque wall around it, if that counts...
... and carpet. Don't forget the lovely carpet...
hearingdouble likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Feedback seems positive on here and online.

I am sure the vegans, vegetarians and people who have gluten intolerance are thinking wow fantastic changes.

The IB J amenity kit had items in it thst were in the former BA F kits and Elemis was in Club before.

With the new club seat coming will this be a big enough differential to stimulate bookings or will small cabins and reduced upgrade options be the self stimulating factors in this.

Am glad that my F experience was lacklustre enough not to want to chase after it any longer but will watch developments of this iniative with interest.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:19 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Having seen the tweet and shown the better half what she could expect on the return flight I was really looking forward to our trip to KUL until I rang You First and despite having nearly five hours in the CCR they couldn’t offer either of us a Spa treatment slot. Better half less than impressed.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Having seen the tweet and shown the better half what she could expect on the return flight I was really looking forward to our trip to KUL until I rang You First and despite having nearly five hours in the CCR they couldn’t offer either of us a Spa treatment slot. Better half less than impressed.
I agree it’s pretty poor, but if it’s any consolation she’s not missing much. The “spa” is more of a gimmick than a true treatment.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by aristoph

I agree it’s pretty poor, but if it’s any consolation she’s not missing much. The “spa” is more of a gimmick than a true treatment.
It's not all that bad, the quality of the Elemis therapists are very good considering how many treatments they can do in a day and the quality of their product. This is not to say there is not room for improvement. They should make the spa larger and introduce full body treatments like the Thai Airways spa in BKK for First class passengers and charge J's and status flyers for those.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
What .... grrrr my return flight is on the 27th March.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
I'm always amazed by this - I have never been unable to get a treatment (10+ times), whether from YouFirst at -28, by booking when I arrive at the lounge or even just walking straight up and straight in. I must be very lucky!

I would suggest asking at the spa as soon as you arrive at the CCR. Not all slots are pre-bookable and in my experience 5 hours is more than enough time to find you something. Good luck!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by joejet
This must be your first visit to the BA Forum, welcome, there are plenty posts on raw sausages if you look back.
Fascinated me too ! At times such items get a life of their own.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'm glad to see BA making necessary changes. Once the new club world comes out and (given it aligns with the rumors) they're going to have one of the best products out there join this with their convenient routes. It's looking good for them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.