Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by awarty
The third photo in post #6 of this thread confirms your understanding, the stand is 2 circles connected by a 'C' shaped bar.
Pretty much as I guessed it to be, except that I pictured the "C" to be more like a "]" .
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
They always have to make the male amenity kit boring compared to the female - and now there is less stuff in it!
That isn’t new though: we already have fewer things than in the female kit!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I think a new iteration of the Bistro Menu might be coming, the blurb (posted above in full) says this: "
  • Our full ŕ la carte menu, plus a range of lighter options
Fingers crossed!!
That’s certainly my hope!! ^
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
  •  
While we're on the subject of gender inequalities with the washbags, interesting to see the gender differences here too - the protective man, sat up with his adult drink and his important and serious notebook and pen, using his boy-toy headphones, with his black washbag ignored; and the woman blissfully asleep after her tea, with her feminine washbag rummaged, and its moisturisers and girly things scattered asunder.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by awarty
The third photo in post #6 of this thread confirms your understanding, the stand is 2 circles connected by a 'C' shaped bar.

It's the out of focus bit to the left of the stem of the champagne flute.

Looking closely at this photo, the base of the stem is possibly mounted from the table runner as opposed to the table. I am intrigued as I expect the stand needs to fixed into position and secured quickly and elegantly, with a single handed motion.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

As the meal service normally takes at least an hour or so and with the ability to eat when you want, it shouldn’t really be a huge issue in F.

Without trying to bash BA, what do other carriers offer on this front?

I’ve only been on LX and LH in F other than BA and can’t rememebr there being any dedicated ‘snacks’ as such but didn’t go looking either.
I flew AF J from TPE-CDG, which was a long day flight. I got hungry mid flight and the crew offered a hot panini or pot noodle-type thing, in addition to a fruit plate (and the usual snacks). However in BA F with dine on demand, aren't there often things leftover that you can have?

Changes look pretty positive to me. Look forward to seeing the first reports.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Warning - Grumpy switch on.

This is all very nice to hear about but the thing that makes me want to book a BA F seat rather than J is not so much the hard product but the soft product. I would really like to hear more about investment into training and development of the crew (and the CSD) to ensure that BA can deliver a high quality (and CONSISTENT) level of service in F.

Grumpy switch off.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Looking closely at this photo, the base of the stem is possibly mounted from the table runner as opposed to the table. I am intrigued as I expect the stand needs to fixed into position and secured quickly and elegantly, with a single handed motion.
I may be imagining things, but it appears that there is a thin silver ring under the bottom plate.

I am picturing a stand that looks like this, (minus the stubby feet and double C arm), and sits on the table.

LTN Phobia and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:48 am

You can imagine the BA marketing team: "We're just letting you know there's still nowhere to store your glasses."
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:51 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
and the woman blissfully asleep after her tea, with her feminine washbag rummaged, and its moisturisers and girly things scattered asunder.
More like the crew has forgotten to come and collect the dishes after the service.
HMPS, 355F1 and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Prospero
It looks to me that there is a ring under the bottom plate. It appears to sit flat on the table and basically the same colour as the upper ring (it looks whiter because of the reflection of the table cloth and the plate). I think it's just the angle of the photo that makes it look like the the stand is attached to the table.

The stand, assuming it is as I imagine it to be, is entirely free-standing, and does not take a lot of space for 8-14 of them to be stacked away together.

I've seen a similar item 'for real' somewhere (I suspect at a hotel lounge).
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
My biggest question is where did they find a 789 seat which didn't have all the 'leather' scuffed?
HMPS, TRISTAR1979 and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
A little off-topic, but at the Israel Breakfast last year, Alex Cruz said that T3 would be getting a Gold Wing. Is this any closer to happening?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:53 am

Looks like men will get a black pen and women a silver coloured one.
Probably means that at least the black one won't be made in metal any longer, perhaps it'll be "precious resin" like Montblanc pens

Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC
There wasn’t a mention of who is the bedding supplier, which I find interesting, is it just more of current supplier but newer products? I wonder whether the White Company roll out in CW didn’t go down well with Waterside and therefore wasn’t considered for F.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.