FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1959607-new-first-offering-31-march-2019-general-discussion.html)

kanderson1965 Mar 6, 2019 12:54 pm

So, is there a picture of the male amenity kit, or do we get the same flowery design as the ladies? My money is on boring black again.

hearingdouble Mar 6, 2019 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 30855557)
So, is there a picture of the male amenity kit, or do we get the same flowery design as the ladies? My money is on boring black again.

You can see the men's amenity kit next to the chap wearing pyjamas. And yes, it's black.

Flexible preferences Mar 6, 2019 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by GodAtum (Post 30855479)
Very sceptical, ever heard of the phrase "polishing a turd?" The steak will be dry, the scones will be rock hard and the service dismal. But maybe I'm jaded!

Really? Yes you are jaded! :p :)

Flexible preferences Mar 6, 2019 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by hearingdouble (Post 30855573)
You can see the men's amenity kit next to the chap wearing pyjamas. And yes, it's black.

They always have to make the male amenity kit boring compared to the female - and now there is less stuff in it!

That said, I'm liking all the other changes. And I'm actually hoping that the afternoon tea service might return to West Coast USA now.

kanderson1965 Mar 6, 2019 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by hearingdouble (Post 30855573)

You can tell how excited he is with it as it looks unopened, unlike the young lady who was obviously excited to see what was in her’s.

TheFlyingCyclist Mar 6, 2019 1:43 pm

Fingers crossed for 4 April - I seem to have the new menu without a main course salad, so it’s looking positive...

sondra_finchley Mar 6, 2019 1:44 pm

Our First First is coming up on April 10th so this is a nice surprise to see an update. Kinda bummed we are missing the Liberty bags though :(

Is the loungewear handed out on day flights too? We are returning home in J. Although given my proportions I don't hold out much hope for the sizing to be right anyway.

Not a fan of Elemis but its not like they were going to go with anyone else.

Glassware looks good though!

Tobias-UK Mar 6, 2019 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by sondra_finchley (Post 30855736)
Our First First is coming up on April 10th so this is a nice surprise to see an update. Kinda bummed we are missing the Liberty bags though :(

Is the loungewear handed out on day flights too? We are returning home in J. Although given my proportions I don't hold out much hope for the sizing to be right anyway.

Yes, PJs are provided on all First flights.

The _Banking_Scot Mar 6, 2019 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by sondra_finchley (Post 30855736)

Hi,

Yes, the loungwear is handed out on dayflights too.

Regards

TBS

Kgmm77 Mar 6, 2019 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 30855427)
It will be interesting to see if they up their wine game, especially with regard to Bordeaux. I certainly hope so.....

Given the reported limited budgets Bordeaux (and even moreso Burgundy) is exactly what they should be avoiding.

Much better wine available from elsewhere at the price points suggested. I'd prefer people to broaden their wine horizons rather than drink mediocre claret.

RichardInSF Mar 6, 2019 2:19 pm

When I was last in F from LHR-SFO and asked for ice cream, they told me to go back to the club kitchen and get it.

dylanc Mar 6, 2019 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 30855849)
When I was last in F from LHR-SFO and asked for ice cream, they told me to go back to the club kitchen and get it.

Are you serious? What did you say? Hope you complained!

nancypants Mar 6, 2019 2:52 pm

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...eb60e867d.jpeg

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia (Post 30854495)
My guess:

Two rings joined by a vertical 'pole' (with bends), none of which is in the photo.
One of the rings sits under the lower plate, the other ring sits under the upper plate. The pole (or two) joining the lower and upper rings supports the upper ring on which the upper plate sits.

I've tried to find an example online but I can't find it. I have seen the ring system with a vertical 'pole' at the side though (it saves space compared to a normal two-tier plates with a pole in the middle).

i think you’re envisioning the same sort of thing I am- kind of like this one but with a lot of the extraneous structure removed

HMPS Mar 6, 2019 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 30855849)

Were you asked to pay with exact change ?;)
Joking aside, that is a new low.......hope you brought it to the CSD's attention.

awarty Mar 6, 2019 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 30855934)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...eb60e867d.jpeg

i think you’re envisioning the same sort of thing I am- kind of like this one but with a lot of the extraneous structure removed

The third photo in post #6 of this thread confirms your understanding, the stand is 2 circles connected by a 'C' shaped bar.

It's the out of focus bit to the left of the stem of the champagne flute.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...91d0002654.jpg