Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by noFODplease
By 'No-name manufacturer' I assume you really mean 'Name-I-have-not-personally-heard-of manufacturer'

They are high-end and also British. A good match.

Bit premature to be wishing for Bose (American) when you have yet to try them.
How much "British" is debatable. I remember years ago some others squired a huge chunk of ownership.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Thanks for this - very interesting (though uninspiring!) I am flying the BA122 DOH-LHR in F shortly - is this the menu for April flights? Thanks!
Yes it is for April. AS CIHY mentioned what else would you expect for breakfast, though I wouldn't mind something with a poached egg like benedict or florentine.

Last edited by LionRed; Apr 4, 2019 at 10:33 am Reason: text
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:16 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by LionRed
Yes it is for April. AS CIHY mentioned what else would you expect for breakfast, though I wouldn't mind something with a poached egg like benedict or florentine.
Thanks for confirming - I flew the route today & indeed that is the menu. Given the departure time (06.30am) I feel a light breakfast should be offered followed by a full lunch (rather than afternoon tea) before landing (at Noon) but there you are, it is what it is. The changes to the F service product are just what was needed (much more First-like) but the food has, unfortunately, not changed one bit (Still adequate but really no more than that). Overall though ^ to BA for implementing this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by spanishflea

Why not? What would you have instead? Spending more than £20 on a bottle of white wine that’s not a Chardonnay is pretty tough, especially in the volume needed for an airline
German riesling by a good producer will easily get you above 20 quid. LH/F tends to do well on its selection of rieslings
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I made the mistake of asking for soup *and* starter once... I was firmly put in my place by the "friendly" crew
I’m not in the habit of defending BA — it’s a middle of the pack carrier at best and one I regularly avoid when better alternatives exist — but I regularly ask for soup and starter in F and have never yet been met with anything but polite (and accommodating) attitude in response. There are many failings in BA’s F product, but this one is foreign to me. Not saying you are wrong, but perhaps you were simply unlucky?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by NYLON Boy

I’m not in the habit of defending BA — it’s a middle of the pack carrier at best and one I regularly avoid when better alternatives exist — but I regularly ask for soup and starter in F and have never yet been met with anything but polite (and accommodating) attitude in response. There are many failings in BA’s F product, but this one is foreign to me. Not saying you are wrong, but perhaps you were simply unlucky?
I had assumed DYKWIA was talking about Club World here.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I just had my first flight with the enhanced F product on A380, and I find the improvements significant.
it is customary here to bash BA F, but I really find my A380 F to be a solid F experience.
Sure the very spacious A380 seat makes a big difference compared with the tiny 747 seat. But the overall experience seat/mattress&duvet/service/food/drinks to be really First.
Many improvements have been discussed before. The food service has been enhanced (I like the amuse bouche) and it takes a bit more time to be served. This is customary on all airlines when you get into more sophisticated serving, as preparation/presentation of individual dishes takes longer. That is an unavoidable tradeoff.

As opposed to many, I liked the earphones. I found the PJ very basic and missing a pocket. The wines have been downgraded a while ago, but are decent. The Chateau Chauvin 2012, one of some 70 Saint Emilion Grand cru was good. But all wines/champ are a notch or two below what is served on top F airlines.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Don't know if this is the correct thread but on BA108 DXB-LHR on a 0920 dep (arr 1415) what meals/ menu will it be? This is in a couple days (June).

Will the main be breakfast and light option Lunch?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The menus say Dinner and Afternoon Tea, but it will be Lunch and Afternoon Tea.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The menus say Dinner and Afternoon Tea, but it will be Lunch and Afternoon Tea.
Not Breakfast and Afternoon Tea like the DOH morning departure? What’s the cut off for breakfast?

Got a similar or actual menu?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess it’s 9.00, I can see your menu which looks very nice.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Guess it’s 9.00, I can see your menu which looks very nice.
Any chance you could send it in a message or post?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will pm you.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by george77300

Any chance you could send it in a message or post?
in the future you can just call YouFirst and they will email you the menu PDFs.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
British Airways 777 First Class

A new review by onemileatatime https://onemileatatime.com/british-a...-class-review/

Looks like the BA soft product has improved, with a new selection of cocktails and better tea with no dry sandwiches! Anyone else experienced this yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.