Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:50 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not in First, the 'thimblegate' allegations that we occasionally hear of were in respect to the PDB offered in Club.
Allegations? There were pictures!!! Unless you are suggesting that people are photoshopping things to make BA look bad?
NoY, chris87 and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I made the mistake of asking for soup *and* starter once... I was firmly put in my place by the "friendly" crew
Must have been unlucky with the crew then. LOLZ
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Allegations? There were pictures!!! Unless you are suggesting that people are photoshopping things to make BA look bad?
It would have been easier to just have a swig than have to boot up photoshop!

Not that Im suggested that was done! I think of all the complaints of BA's cost cutting, over the years that is probably the worst thing. You do see loads of wastage, when they collect the glasses, you simply can't go around giving half glasses though, unless you're going to offer regular top ups.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by redflyer24
So many people are willing to tear this apart before they have even seen it launched! Tomorrow will be telling, lets reserve judgement until then!
Good point. It is amazing to see some who pay thousands of $ for an air ticket get "excited" about a meal and service that mostly ( judging by all the threads one comes across) disappointing in quality, service, or quantity. It is not as if they are newbies to F.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Today's the today! Looking forward to hearing about the real-world experience ^
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Having a non-premium experience so far today. After losing the hour, surprised to find CX lounge does not open til 7.30 on a Sunday. Though not as surprised as the lounge attendant when a fellow intrepid explorer and I turned up behind the scenes once we'd found some stairs...
offtothehills likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: EK,BA,QR
Hope the trip goes well. Please let us know how it goes.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: Executive club Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

Very useful, I’ve got the same menu coming up, and while the proof of the pudding etc..., it looks like an improvement with the light bites added. I’m particularly pleased to see that the menu finally says that you can eat when you wish, which will be helpful for those unfamiliar with the availability of dine on demand.

Lookimg forward to trying the improved dining and will see if the flight also gets the new amenities, bedding etc. I hope the new F pen is as good as the old ones, I like those
We fight over the first pens in our house, I recently found a stash of 3 unopened. It’s my little secret. I have laid claim to the Mr’s pens on our upcoming flight as I prefer the black, they’ll match my work note book ��

eta. The pen in the video above is silver, my world is crushed.

I’m very intrigued by the boxed cup, is it something you can bob maybe?

We fly fly on Tuesday, but we’re yyz so there’s no certainty if they’ll operate a First service, I’ll be sad if we miss out especially with the new service.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Honie; Mar 31, 2019 at 1:48 am
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
A friend just boarded BA165 to TLV an hour ago and sent these (excuse the quality...)

Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) ✈✈✈, Accor (Silver), IHG (Platinum), Cunard (Diamond)
Below is the menu for my flight to HND at the end of the month. I have pre-ordered the Chicken as I prefer chicken to beef. Has anyone had the chicken dish and is it acceptable? Any recommendations for the other courses? I'd love to try the ice cream sundae as I don't recall ever having ice cream in the sky.

In-flight menu
BA7 London to Tokyo 11:40
See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters
Tuna tataki, Cured mackeral, ginger and chives, Wagyu tataki, truffle ponzu
Vitello tonnato
Warm miso and teriyaki glazed aubergine
Sweet potato soup and coconut and kaffir lime
Lobster clear soup
Mixed leaf salad served with Honey mustard dressing

Main
Seared fillet of Scottish beef, red wine jus, potato terrine
Pan fried turbot, balsamic soy sauce, White asparagus and bonito
Roasted free range British spring chicken, with lemon and rosemary, potato puree, chicken jus
Handmade agnolotti, morels, pan fried asparagus, panna sauce

Desserts
Dark chocolate bar, fresh mango, mint
Baked brioche with apricot confiture, vanilla Anglaise
Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate
Black bomber, Baron bigod brie, Kidderton ash goats cheese, Yorkshire blue served with Red onion chutney, green and blue grapes
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:35 pm

Any word if the headphones are any good? I really wish they would've gone with Bose over a vanity partnership +no-name manufacturer.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Originally Posted by bkojote
Any word if the headphones are any good? I really wish they would've gone with Bose over a vanity partnership +no-name manufacturer.
Meridian is far from a no name manufacturer. It is audiophile classic high tech manufacturer.
GLA, rossmacd, jp-mco and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
By 'No-name manufacturer' I assume you really mean 'Name-I-have-not-personally-heard-of manufacturer'

They are high-end and also British. A good match.

Bit premature to be wishing for Bose (American) when you have yet to try them.
GLA, DeathSlam and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:00 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Meridian
I have 3 of their active speakers working combined as a single centre speaker in my ridiculous (11.2) AV setup (the rest B&W & Velodyne). No idea what the headphones are like though. My travel headphones are Sennheiser, a few years old now, so a good chance they will be outperformed by the new F headsets but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by DeathSlam; Apr 2, 2019 at 1:09 pm Reason: Added woof
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Some
The idea that Bose wouldn't be a vanity partnership is hilarious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.