Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
I quite like the bag in that pic. Fancy!

Any pics of the new pjs being worn?
  •  
RG1X likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
����

Ah, well, at least the retro liveries look nice.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
  •  
Having a light shone on your face when you’re trying to sleep or relax must be quite irritating.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
"

But as we already know, the white wine must cost them less than UKP 6 at wholesale prices..........
Out of interest is this before or after duty and VAT? If before, then Ł6 wholesale probably translates into a retail price of Ł18-Ł20, at which price point anyone not able to buy quality shouldn't be allowed near a corkscrew!
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:46 am
Suspended

What's the difference in the menu? The sample one they posted looked similar. Am I right the only difference on afternoon tea is the tableware? Also, on the sample menu I didn't notice any between meal options. I know the bistro menu went away a long time ago but I thought BA still offered mid-flight options?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
I know the bistro menu went away a long time ago but I thought BA still offered mid-flight options?
They don't. Currently, the menu is done on demand but lists a main meal and a pre arrival meal with nothing in between.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by zappomatic

Having a light shone on your face when you’re trying to sleep or relax must be quite irritating.
While her tea (or is that BA-coffee in the cup? ) is getting cold.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by orbitmic

They don't. Currently, the menu is done on demand but lists a main meal and a pre arrival meal with nothing in between.
I could see that on flights to the east coast but to the US west coast or Asia where the flying time is 10+ hours is there nothing expect chips and chocolates offered in first class between the main meals?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:56 am

It’s been a couple of years since my last flight in BA F. Does anybody know if they offer Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic in that cabin? We’ve got 4 seats in First booked this summer for our family holiday to the USA. It’s nice to see some welcome changes to the product and I look forward to trying them!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I could see that on flights to the east coast but to the US west coast or Asia where the flying time is 10+ hours is there nothing expect chips and chocolates offered in first class between the main meals?
Nope, pretty much nothing, including on longest flights like SCL, EZE, SIN, etc. galley has fruit and basically otherwise they’ll get some crisps, sweet snacks etc from the club kitchen and that’s it since the bistro menu disappeared.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by jonjparr
It’s been a couple of years since my last flight in BA F. Does anybody know if they offer Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic in that cabin? We’ve got 4 seats in First booked this summer for our family holiday to the USA. It’s nice to see some welcome changes to the product and I look forward to trying them!
just standard Indian tonic and the slim line one.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
But as we already know, the white wine must cost them less than UKP 6 at wholesale prices..........
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Out of interest is this before or after duty and VAT?
This seems to illustrate the process of Chinese whispers by which things get distorted on FT.

The actual figure given was that there was a ceiling of €6 per bottle ex cellar door. I suspect that this may be the origin of the price posted by Ancient Observer. Whether or not the original €6 figure was correct, I don't think that it translates to Ł6 UK wholesale.
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
As the meal service normally takes at least an hour or so and with the ability to eat when you want, it shouldn’t really be a huge issue in F.

Without trying to bash BA, what do other carriers offer on this front?

I’ve only been on LX and LH in F other than BA and can’t rememebr there being any dedicated ‘snacks’ as such but didn’t go looking either.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by zappomatic

And she can kiss goodbye to her lip balm and spray thing. They'll be rolling off that surface with the slightest turbulence.
dylanc, EJetter and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Edit - dupe post
Claranda likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.