Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by JFX1764
A long lost of cocktails and mocktails
My colleague whio is coming with me and about to experience his First First asked this of me today. He will be excited, although will never have had the chance to experience the sheer hell that F was pre-changes. Kids - dont k now how lucky they are.
SaraJH likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
My understanding is that there will be one extra starter but one less main course option. I have not seen details of main course sides in manage my booking or any bistro options. Will be interesting to see how flexible the menu is. For example, I may well prefer 2 starters and no main.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Rubecula
My understanding is that there will be one extra starter but one less main course option. I have not seen details of main course sides in manage my booking or any bistro options. Will be interesting to see how flexible the menu is. For example, I may well prefer 2 starters and no main.
Cruz giveth, Cruz taketh away ! Cruz maketh money ?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Gomac mentioned in the Main Course Pre-Order Thread earlier this month that sides weren't displaying on the menu selection listing - if you can see three starters as well as the soup and the salad, and four main course options, then I believe you have the new menu!
That's exactly what I see. Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Originally Posted by JFX1764
A long lost of cocktails
Some typos/auto-corrects are more accurate than intended
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:01 pm

Well, life is going to be better! Pardon me, but is that not same old, same old?

Every time something "new" is introduced, it is better. But if it is, then by definition the past must have been worse!

To be frank, in CW, the fancy bedding seems a waste of time. In my last two flights, people just took a blanket and pillow out of the package and then turfed the rest in the lockers. Waste of the "mattress" and the bag.

Do I care about 400 stitch sheets in F - no, not unless I am sleeping in the buff. (Which, to your relief, I won't be!)

Will I still now eat before the flight home from Denver to LHR in F - yes, because my experiences in the past in F have been dire. Food pretty ghastly and delivered really, really late (like starting service 90 mins into flight!) You see, I can remember BMI flying LHR to Scotland and doing a drinks service, food and then a second drinks service in a 60 min flight - so why, on another flight, were we off the west coast of Ireland in CW upper deck before we even got a post departure drink?

BA need to spend the money on staff - the rest is film, flam.
HMPS, PrimaVista and alex67500 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

As the meal service normally takes at least an hour or so and with the ability to eat when you want, it shouldn’t really be a huge issue in F.

Without trying to bash BA, what do other carriers offer on this front?

I’ve only been on LX and LH in F other than BA and can’t rememebr there being any dedicated ‘snacks’ as such but didn’t go looking either.
The Asian airlines all offer snacks on long haul flight ranging from sandwiches to Chinese soup. Even American Airlines puts out sandwiches, fruit, crisps and candies. BA has always lacked in this area and it costs them nothing to provide it.
HMPS likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Considering the date - will the crew be trained as Cousin Violet?
HMPS likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I requested the full menu from Your First for my upcoming SFO flight next month and it is indeed the new menu and looks very different all round, it is great to see the extra snacks during the meal times as well as the details on the second meal.

Full menu attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
LHR-SFO_compressed.pdf (64.7 KB, 666 views)
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
I requested the full menu from Your First for my upcoming SFO flight next month and it is indeed the new menu and looks very different all round, it is great to see the extra snacks during the meal times as well as the details on the second meal.

Full menu attached.
Thanks for sharing - looks like a big step up. Would be intrigued to see a wine list as well when they become available, in case they have changed at all.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Some
It's a shame British Airways is incapable of using the word 'entrée' correctly.
David_Doyle, JAXBA, HMPS and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:09 am

High tea would suggest a hot savoury?
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:50 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
It's a shame British Airways is incapable of using the word 'entrée' correctly.
Yep, pretty shocking really.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entr%C3%A9e
Next they will be having us use Z instead of S in perfectly normal words and ruining scrabble forever....
toothy and alex67500 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Hope those sliders are available on the ATL route?

Apologies to others on 227 next month...a work trip leaving on a saturday to benefit from saturday night pricing has stag-do levels of alcohol and food consumption written all over it...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HMPS
Cruz giveth, Cruz taketh away ! Cruz maketh money ?
Not in this case, the missing item from the main course selection is the 'comfort food' or 'lighter' option. This missing item will now feature on the 'snack menu' along with additional items. So not fewer options but more!
HMPS and TheJayHatch like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.