Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Flight Booking: No Seats Available in Cabin

Old Mar 6, 19, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Lufthansa

I just booked flight LHR - SEA (BA48) on 29th of March in WTP, booking went through without a hitch but when I went to allocate myself a seat I was presented with this seat map:

This is a first one for me and I assume that the flight is overbooked and that seats will become available closer to the time, but I am surprised that they would let me book it in the first place. As a Gold I am usually able to select the bulkheads, but even those are blocked / occupied. Now I'm obviously slightly concerned that I'll end up in a middle seat...

Should I just relax?

Thanks very much!
Old Mar 6, 19, 4:42 am
Original Poster

I'm very sorry for the multiple images, this is the first time I've added a picture and obviously did something wrong - if any of the mods can edit / remove, then that would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
Old Mar 6, 19, 4:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer View Post
I'm very sorry for the multiple images, this is the first time I've added a picture and obviously did something wrong - if any of the mods can edit / remove, then that would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
I'm not sure if I removed the right one, but it now has just one image of the seat map. If you want something else, let me know.

Mod.
Old Mar 6, 19, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much, LTN Phobia, they were all the same image, so all good now! Thanks agian!
Old Mar 6, 19, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I assume you mean the BA49 LHR-SEA. Looking at EF, BA are still showing a reasonable amount of availability across WTP, as well as the other classes:

However, looking at the seat map you can see that whilst WTP appears fully occupied, aside from the bassinet seats, CW is pretty empty at present:

I would assume that you'll either be able to get one of the bassinet seats closer to departure, or BA will be undertaking a number of opups and/or downgrades to accommodate everyone.
Old Mar 6, 19, 5:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer View Post
Thank you so much, LTN Phobia, they were all the same image, so all good now! Thanks agian!
You're most welcome.

As for the lack of available seat, it might well be that the bassinet seats are not taken but not available for selection yet (reading other threads it sounds like they will become available for selection 48-72 hours before the flight, assuming they haven't been taken).

Someone with Expert Flyer access might be able to look up the situation there.
Old Mar 6, 19, 5:20 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Some seats are blocked. Rest assured that you will get a seat a check-in.
Old Mar 6, 19, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your responses, everyone. I have created an alert on EF and hopefully will be notified when the seat shuffle starts. I'll also keep a look out for the bassinet seats when they get released. I daren't hope for an upgrade, haven't had one of those in years (I'm the sucker who occasionally pays for AUP's - they know they have me ). Now I just need to work out how I can get the API to stick - I've tried to enter it both in Chrome and Explorer but am stuck on a loop. Oh well, maybe I'll leave that for another day.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 6, 19, 6:42 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Judging by that availability BA are quite happy to continue to sell relatively expensive WT+ tickets knowing they'll be rolling forward into the CW cabin

Some routes the high J config just doesn't seem to suit so well, at least at certain times of the week/year, Dubai is another one. The last time I took that flight the crew told me the entire WT+ cabin was upgraded to accomodate a heavily overbooked Y

Surprised they haven't considered using the CW seats but WT+ service in the rear cabin, common on some carriers
Old Mar 6, 19, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would expect a raft of op-ups based on those loads
Old Mar 6, 19, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sammyg901 View Post
Judging by that availability BA are quite happy to continue to sell relatively expensive WT+ tickets knowing they'll be rolling forward into the CW cabin

Some routes the high J config just doesn't seem to suit so well, at least at certain times of the week/year, Dubai is another one. The last time I took that flight the crew told me the entire WT+ cabin was upgraded to accomodate a heavily overbooked Y

Surprised they haven't considered using the CW seats but WT+ service in the rear cabin, common on some carriers
I've just booked two returns to DXB in WTP, and for both the outbound has been "upgraded" to CW (booking class I) at the point of booking. Don't know if some sort of offer is running or its happened for some other reason, but I'm not going to complain...
Old Mar 6, 19, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Noooo, stop it, now you're all getting my hopes up that I might get upgraded and I'll end up in a middle seat when I come to checking in...

Thanks once again for all the feedback!
xPositor likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: