Search

Lloyds Upgrade voucher - user 2 at once

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold
Lloyds Upgrade voucher - user 2 at once

Hi hive mind.
As some of you have as well, I currently have 2x Lloyds upgrade vouchers in my account. The Ts&Cs state that the account holder must travel when redeeming the voucher, but has anyone tried using 2x vouchers at the same time, to upgrade 4 people on a one-way? I did ask on another thread, but figure that one may become lost.
Thanks for any insight. I could always phone I'm sure
signol
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I can't answer your question exactly, but can say from experience that the "account holder must travel" requirement does seem a bit flexible... If you did two separate bookings, I reckon you might get what you're looking for.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Always used mine for others in family. Never been questioned (about 4 times). It is definite requirement for the 241 BA voucher though.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:46 am

I have successfully used 2 vouchers to upgrade 2 people on a return, but the agent implied that 4 people one way would also have been possible. He said it's "not strictly allowed" but had no problem putting it through.

There is a back office process they need to do for this which was missed in my case resulting in the reservation not being ticketed. I rang back to query this and it was immediately sorted, but do check your confirmation email has a ticket number listed.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:54 am

I used (wasted as no real use for them coming up) two vouchers to book four one way flights TXL-LHR last month in Club Europe, no problem at all.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hypercrypt
I used (wasted as no real use for them coming up) two vouchers to book four one way flights TXL-LHR last month in Club Europe, no problem at all.
Thanks, that's one data point for what I'm looking for!

signol
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackqu7
I have successfully used 2 vouchers to upgrade 2 people on a return, but the agent implied that 4 people one way would also have been possible. He said it's "not strictly allowed" but had no problem putting it through.

There is a back office process they need to do for this which was missed in my case resulting in the reservation not being ticketed. I rang back to query this and it was immediately sorted, but do check your confirmation email has a ticket number listed.
This should be easy enough - book as one-ways for 2 people each.

signol
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Odiy
Always used mine for others in family. Never been questioned (about 4 times). It is definite requirement for the 241 BA voucher though.
I tried using one to upgrade my sister and her boyfriend, but it was cancelled - as I wasn't travelling myself. I eventually booked them in Y (not enough Avios!)

signol
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by signol
I tried using one to upgrade my sister and her boyfriend, but it was cancelled - as I wasn't travelling myself. I eventually booked them in Y (not enough Avios!)

signol
Interesting - at what point was it cancelled?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
Interesting - at what point was it cancelled?
I tried booking online on avios.com, and it threw an error saying I needed to call. Which I did, and the agent explained, cancelling the original booking and rebooking in Y, without the voucher. Maybe "cancelled" isn't the right word!

signol
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by signol
I tried booking online on avios.com, and it threw an error saying I needed to call. Which I did, and the agent explained, cancelling the original booking and rebooking in Y, without the voucher. Maybe "cancelled" isn't the right word!

signol
Ah ok, phew! I made a booking a couple of months ago which I wouldn't be happy if they cancelled now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.