Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to search flights on website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Unable to search flights on website

For two days now I have been unable to access any information regarding future flights available for upgrade with avios. Twice I have called BA and twice the agent was unable to tell me why this is happening. I have tried on my iPad, iPhone and laptop..i have cleared the cache.....and nothing works. Is anyone else encountering this problem??????
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
What exactly are you trying to do?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
What exactly are you trying to do?
I’m trying to search for flights in various months which are available to upgrade with avios points but all I keep getting is an incomplete screen with none of that information
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
can you give actual dates and routes and cabin classes so people can replicate your searches

A screen shot may help as well.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

I’ve tried many dates and the route is always jfk-lhr. Purchaseed WTP to be upgraded to Club with avios. Here is a screen shot of what I have been seeing

Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by carrington1
I’ve tried many dates and the route is always jfk-lhr. Purchaseed WTP to be upgraded to Club with avios. Here is a screen shot of what I have been seeing

I would suggest you use the app on your iPhone. Click the hamburger (3 horizontal lines top right) and select Reward Flights. Select Reward Flight Finder. Put in London to North American and your date range. Select Business and touch Find Flights. In the Country list select USA and then in Cities select New York. If you look in the Return section you will see availability for JFK-LHR for a range of dates.

Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You could also use https://rewardflightfinder.com/
This will locate full Avios availability on the JFK service in CW, and if that is available then UuA is also available too. So marrying "find our cheapest flight" with the above website should give you a way forward.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Thank you...but I have tried that as well...no good. Not on my iPad, iPhone or laptop...doesn’t matter if it try the website or the app. Nothing works. So odd and frustrating
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Are you able to be more specific in what you have tried? As this may be more of a tech problem than a BA specific problem... did the website offered by CWS not work?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Are you able to be more specific in what you have tried? As this may be more of a tech problem than a BA specific problem... did the website offered by CWS not work?
yes I believe it is a tech problem at Bas end since it’s not working on any of my devices. I’ve been using the website for years and years and have never had this problem. Was wondering if anyone has encountered the same
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
To be totally certain, did you use the URL in my post 7 above? And what exactly happened?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by carrington1

yes I believe it is a tech problem at Bas end since it’s not working on any of my devices. I’ve been using the website for years and years and have never had this problem. Was wondering if anyone has encountered the same
And you can't see available flights on your iPhone using my steps in post 6?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
And you can't see available flights on your iPhone using my steps in post 6?
still not working. Gave up and telephoned Ba and had them do it for me. Maybe next time I will have better luck doing it myself. Thank you for trying to help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.