10h delay? Really? No support from BA

Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
3h and 10min... and last row in Y instead of first in C :-)
Not great but not too bad either considering you started your journey in SIN. ^
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by golfmad
I have sympathy with aspects of your rant but you should stop going on about this point. You chose this option to get you there a little earlier. No-one forced you into the last row in Y.
Agreed. The OP has been treated poorly, BA has not shown itself in a great light, but the OP wanted to get to Berlin ASAP, and now that's happening. If sitting in CE on a short trip was that important, then wait for a later flight with CE availability. It sounds like a horrible stressful day for the OP (who's also probably jetlagged) but getting there just over three hours late isn't such a terrible result.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

And finally in the ccr a fit lady helped me out to get the downgraded economy stand by seat.
Link please
Clareym66 and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
ITB (world's largest travel and tourism fair) is this week, so flights to Berlin are exceptionally busy. Not surprised that the BA services are packed. Hotels are doing a brisk trade as well. Not much BA can do.
thanks for the friendly reminder. almost forgot that. The fair ground is just a 20 minute ride away from my home.
AND REMEMBER: Friday is a holiday in Berlin (only Berlin!) international women's day...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
I'm still not sure if the question was answered, but was op on an award or revenue ticket?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I don't get why people are having a pop at the OP... As he says, surely one of the benefits of higher status is better help in IRROPS - I completely understand the OP's pissedoffness with BA choosing 8 people ahead of him to rebook after a delay.
Treating high ranking elites badly can make a lot of business sense - many are used to things going wrong and therefore stop caring, whilst others are stuck with BA due to the nonstop route network / company deals / etc and cannot use someone else. Concentrating resources on the (lower ranking) elites who are either impressionable or are more likely to walk can be a very sensible idea.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by golfmad
I have sympathy with aspects of your rant but you should stop going on about this point. You chose this option to get you there a little earlier. No-one forced you into the last row in Y.
Thats why I put a smiley at the end of that sentence... Agreed. my choice.. But what do you do if you have to decide between bad and bad?.. 4pm CE wasnt an option as I had missed all day.

and I talked to my partner later yesterday who is Gold and got rebooked on the next available flight in Club - he told me 1c was empty and 2 more seats in Club on that flight didnt show :-)
I had seen on expertflyer that it was sold out.. but again THAT is my complaint about: they forgot to rebook me in the first place and then neither had a capable person at the jetty to talk to me and realizie the problem and put me on standy by for this, nor was their counter open, nor was their a capable person at the first wing available.. so the time it took to make it to the CCR and find someone to put me on standby THAT flight had closed.. thats outrages!

Originally Posted by aama
I'm still not sure if the question was answered, but was op on an award or revenue ticket?
revenue
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
How frustrating and completely understand the annoyance after a long flight.

It is absurd to me that generally in T5 you have to find your way to the lounge for any substantive help (on a transfer).

Also, the three recent irrops I've had requiring rebooking from LH to SH, never has a CSD told me on the fly in F, and in 2 out of 3 instances I've had to get my new bookings myself from the appropriate desk and I am GGL/CCR. But just presume that's how BA treats everyone from valued customers to first timers.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
OK. A Novum for me and sorry but I am frustrated..
Sin lhr took off with almost 2h delay.. So I missed my 7am connection in lhr to Berlin.
At the jetty were 8 boarding passes ready for people who had been rebooked . But mine.
First and Club reticketing at transit were closed. Cue at the desks.
Waited 10min at first wing then was guided to the club reticketing and. Sorry but the next 4 flights are sold out. I can book you at 4pm.
Wow..so I luv reading about people getting jags on tight connections . Hahah.
Well. Chilling in the ccr now to see what the team comes up with
Yours matches my experiences with BA delays in to LHR I am afraid.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by aama
That should not make a difference. The level of service the OP initially received was well below the level he should expect - irrespective of how the ticket was paid for.
HMPS, wrp96, nufnuf77 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I hope you lodge your EC261 claim.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sxc
I hope you lodge your EC261 claim.
If 30 minutes of the delay was due to tensions on the Indian Sub-continent then I suspect it won't go anywhere. The downgrade is also in the "row of beans" category. So personally I wouldn't bother but the OP could ask for a CR gesture in return for not claiming a downgrade.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VSLover
But just presume that's how BA treats everyone from valued customers to first timers.
Does your status level alone qualify you as a BA 'valued customer' though?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
As GGL I would expect to be prioritised over other golds. I think an explanation from BA would be in order, but I wouldn't hold my breath getting anything other than a cut and paste (which is likely to enrage even more).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
This poor set of actions by BA does raise an interesting question.
Who is a "valued customer" for BA? In this case, not a GGL??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.