Wiki Posts
Search

10h delay? Really? No support from BA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Stez
I think his annoyance was that his partner who is a gold card holder got rebooked on one of the earlier flights, but not him as a GGL (CCR?) who got put on a later flight?
My annoyance was and is.. That it looks like everyone got taken care of. There were dozens of boarding passes at the Jetty . Including at least 8 to Berlin.. With my partner in club on the next flight being Gold.
They plain out forgot me. And I always thought that's why you wanna be ggl.. So in case of an IRROPS you get first service. I was expecting someone to wait for me and driving me to the B gates to be honest . Not because it is me who is so incredibly great.. But because I spend my money with them.. I was on a first class ticket and am ggl..
I am complaining because I'm loosing interest in traveling with ba. That is sad.
I need an umbrella when it rains.. Not on a normal day.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
The OP didn't come on here with any question - he came here to let off steam. Let's allow him that.
I do think it would be helpful though, once the OP has turned rant mode off, to have some more detail on this - was the OP, for example, on the same booking as the rebooked partner ?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There is more to priority order than just status. Maybe other were travelling in paid F/J and OP was in Y, Maybe on award. I assume that OP would have mentioned if was in F/J.
Sorry, OP added that he was travelling in F while I was posting.

Last edited by brunos; Mar 5, 2019 at 3:36 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteveF
Was it due to Pakistan airspace being closed?
That added only a bit.
Mainly we took off 2h later due to some tech probs on the a380
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
There is more to priority order than just status. Maybe other were travelling in paid F/J and OP was in Y, Maybe on award. I assume that OP would have mentioned if was in F/J.
Maybe read the post? I said arriving in F
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:28 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Not sure how it works - if you've lost out in the rebooking lottery and aren't catching another flight for a while - would they still have boarding passes waiting at the jetty as opposed to letting a rebooking desk deal with it where it might be possible to explore other options?

That said I can see why the OP is feeling aggrieved, if status counts for nothing in this situation above all others you have to wonder exactly what the point of it is.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I do think it would be helpful though, once the OP has turned rant mode off, to have some more detail on this - was the OP, for example, on the same booking as the rebooked partner ?
OH rant mode is off. Was already off when I posted. Otherwise I sound different . 😂🔊
You are right different bookings. Both in first ba12
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Maybe read the post? I said arriving in F
Sorry you are right.. Spelling check had eaten my F.. Apologies
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:31 am

Talking

>>>First and Club reticketing at transit were closed. Cue at the desks. <<<

Whoops....already answered...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Sorry you are right.. Spelling check had eaten my F.. Apologies
No need to apologize.
Were you on an award?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
I agree with the OP.
You would expect someone travelling first class + gold BAEC status to be among the first in the queue for rerouting.
BA should have had a BP ready for him when he disembarked. That's what would happen if he landed in SIN in a similar situation!
Surely there were not eight passengers going to Berlin who had higher status? Someone at BA has messed this up.
Silver Fox, :D!, pacenotes and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
My facebook feed is full of very status peopled flying through to Berlin today, I think I know a couple of people on your flight today (depending on whether you were BA12 / 16) and a ridiculous amount of people ex-UK heading that way, almost all of them GGL. Assume you're also heading to ITB, otherwise you're just plain unlucky.

I'm sorry that you feel treated badly, and glad you got on a flight on standby. But i've one question - you're assuming that those with lower status were prioritised ahead of you? You said your partner is also GGL - but was in Club (i'm reading that as you weren't?) Could it not simply be a case of almost every TXL flight this morning was 100%, and those given the priority seats were ahead of you in the pecking order status / CIV wise (or however they would prioritise within GGL - i.e. lifetime revenue etc)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:21 am

I thought the partner was GCH not GGL.

I'd be annoyed if a lower status colleague (travelling in same or lower class) was prioritised over me for irrops.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Apologies for missing the OP since I was also in CCR earlier today. TXL flights indeed packed out, but standby's largely cleared and to some extent it's better to be a standby for an earlier flight just in case. Being a travel convention week that - for reasons I shall never fathom - adds to ticketing issues so what looks full isn't necessarily so. As for why the OP wasn't prioritised, that would be now almost impossible to tell, since we know nothing about the ticketing of the OP, the other passengers and the operational status of the services to TXL today. A status that can change every time someone checks. So for example if the OP was on an 001 Sabre issued ticket it may not be obvious to BA that (a) the passenger has status or (b) BA has ownership of the issue. And that's just one example, it would need quiite a forensic enquiry to work this out.

In this scenario, it's sometimes best to also consider alternatives such as DUS, HAM or HAJ since that plus the train network can work out better than hanging around the CCR, which some here (though not, I think, our valiant OP) seem to view as mental torture in its own right. Got an upgraded mug today, mind.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... I was expecting someone to wait for me and driving me to the B gates to be honest . Not because it is me who is so incredibly great.. But because I spend my money with them.. I was on a first class ticket and am ggl....
That wouldn't have been any help to you, your inbound arrived 35 minutes after you say your onward flight was scheduled to depart for TXL. For future reference, if you are to be met from a flight by the Concorde Team or the Premium Transfer team you will be notified on board by the CSD/M shortly before arrival.

I see in your topic title you say you had no support from BA, but it looks like you were rebooked and had the agents in the CCR trying to assist too.

That said, I understand your frustration at the apparent lack of priority,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.