Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10h delay? Really? No support from BA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That wouldn't have been any help to you, your inbound arrived 35 minutes after you say your onward flight was scheduled to depart for TXL. For future reference, if you are to be met from a flight by the Concorde Team or the Premium Transfer team you will be notified on board by the CSD/M shortly before arrival.

I see in your topic title you say you had no support from BA, but it looks like you were rebooked and had the agents in the CCR trying to assist too.

That said, I understand your frustration at the apparent lack of priority,
Just one clarification. It is rarely the case nowadays that pax are notified by the CSD or equivalent that someone from the Concorde Team is going to meet them at LHR.

I'm with the OP on this. I would have expected someone from the Concorde Team to have proactively made arrangements for him/her.
VSLover and dmp1991 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Just one clarification. It is rarely the case nowadays that pax are notified by the CSD or equivalent that someone from the Concorde Team is going to meet them at LHR ...
I cannot recall an occasion when I haven't been informed on board.

Originally Posted by Lolbert
... I'm with the OP on this. I would have expected someone from the Concorde Team to have proactively made arrangements for him/her.
Absolutely.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:02 am

OP, hope you get there quickly.

It’s clear that, in this case, GGL and First gets you no extra support on the ground.

The impression given on here sometimes is that BA would charter a private jet for such a passenger.

Did the crew even help before landing? Let’s hope the IPad showed your status and missed connection.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
OP, hope you get there quickly.

It’s clear that, in this case, GGL and First gets you no extra support on the ground.

The impression given on here sometimes is that BA would charter a private jet for such a passenger.

Did the crew even help before landing? Let’s hope the IPad showed your status and missed connection.
Thank you all for listening.. Haha. And for mostly understanding ..

I can't say about ticketing of course...i only know that my lhr txl boarding pass should ggl.

I made it to Berlin .. And yes ba helped in the end but with the minimum of what was acceptable and only because I was pushing it.
I am expecting more.. And not too much as other airlines provide this.

If you hold status and have booked an f ticket it is frustrating to be sitting in 28f and get in an argument to not also put your bag under your seat.
Thnx again. See you next time in London.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I do feel for the OP in this situation. When I first became GGL, I expected that GGL should get priority on rebooking for IRROPS, or at least a feeling that you're being better looked after if you can't be accommodated on the earliest next flight.

That certainly used to be the case, but in the last couple of years, I've been surprised by a couple of instances where I know that other passengers were re-accommodated ahead of me. In truth, you rarely find out why, so I have learned to moderate my expectations. Only once did I follow up, where I would have had to change my hotel arrangements and I wanted a Customer Service Manager to confirm in advance that BA would cover the additional costs. He did an amazing job of appearing to be surprised that I hadn't been accommodated on one of 2 flights which would have got me to my destination earlier, where other passengers were given seats.
Silver Fox, watersign and mikem004 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I think OP has a justified sense of annoyance at the circumstances as described. It's not DYKWIA to expect that a very high status passenger in First be prioritized for assistance and re-booking in an IRROPS/misconnect. BA seems to have dropped the ball here
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I do feel for the OP in this situation. When I first became GGL, I expected that GGL should get priority on rebooking for IRROPS, or at least a feeling that you're being better looked after if you can't be accommodated on the earliest next flight.

That certainly used to be the case, but in the last couple of years, I've been surprised by a couple of instances where I know that other passengers were re-accommodated ahead of me. In truth, you rarely find out why, so I have learned to moderate my expectations. Only once did I follow up, where I would have had to change my hotel arrangements and I wanted a Customer Service Manager to confirm in advance that BA would cover the additional costs. He did an amazing job of appearing to be surprised that I hadn't been accommodated on one of 2 flights which would have got me to my destination earlier, where other passengers were given seats.
I'm not surprised at all. The other day I went to First class ticketing in T5. A trainee was there who had no idea how the ticketing system works. My request was a simple SDC one. I understand BA needs to train people but it describes how much BA medium tier management cares if they assign trainees to First ticketing. It goes the same for MF cabin crew in First. or the call centre. or any other department.
Also I would say 80% BA employee thinks Gold=GGL and probably around the 99.9% thinks GGL=GGL+CCR. One of the issue is with BA that it never created a tier above Gold (like AA,etc) just extended the Gold card with some perks (really great ones) if you reach more tier points but on the ground level you are just Gold. CIV score?? Generally no one within BA knows what is it for or what does that mean. So when it comes with IRROPS it is entirely possible that someone got a task to do it in 3 min who most likely has no idea how to prioritise customers. Sometimes when you got those who really care for customers the outcome can be excellent but it is not the official BA Corp policy nowadays.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I suppose the Intern has to do something when they are not replying to CS complaint letters. Simples. Put them on the F ticketing desk.
Krisz and HMPS like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

For me it is the simple things that are hard to understand..
OK. Somehow I didn't get recognized as ggl. Already on board it was obvious as how the csm (not) talked to. I can live with that. Then I got dropped at rebooking . OK.
But why is there no extra line for first and Club rebooking at t5 connection ? It is closed.
Why is there only 1 attendant in the first wing so that after 10min waiting the hostess guides me outside to the club ticketing where they have no clue about giving me a stand by priority??
And finally in the ccr a fit lady helped me out to get the downgraded economy stand by seat.
Last row, last at immigration .
And then why do I have to argue on board with the fa to please allow me to. Put my small bag in the overhead ? And after I politely explain that I had a club ticket 3h earlier and I am ggl if I may keep at least the foot space in 28f . He turns away arrogantly saying pff. Then leave it I don't care.
Instead of saying oh Mr p.. I'm so sorry to what happened You must have had a rough day. I will make sure I look after you on that flight .. Like they do at Singapore airlines .?
Its called customer service . And it's free.
VSLover, endoman, Gerbs and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Can remember reading, just a few months ago, of a brand new customer service iniitiative planned for Heathrow and announced by BA with some excitement.

It was heralded as a multi-million pound investment which would involve, among other things, “staff empowered and trained to work across the terminal to solve any problem”

Does anyone know if it has got going yet .... ?

British Airways - BRITISH AIRWAYS EMPOWERS ITS PEOPLE AT HEATHROW TO ASSIST CUSTOMERS WITH ANY TRAVEL ISSUE

Stez and HMPS like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:46 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
In the end how delayed were you?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
In the end how delayed were you?

3h and 10min... and last row in Y instead of first in C :-)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: Confirmed
How about a boarding pass printer on all long haul aircrafts? Satellite connected anyway. For BCBPs just reissue via ba.com and for others, print.

There is a proactive rebooking mechanism in place, just extend it onboard larger long haul aircrafts.

May I suggest this idea to BA?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
3h and 10min... and last row in Y instead of first in C :-)
So you get EU261 plus a refund for part of your ticket as you were flown in a lower class?

Better than nothing, but I have to agree you were treated poorly in the main.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
and last row in Y instead of first in C :-)
I have sympathy with aspects of your rant but you should stop going on about this point. You chose this option to get you there a little earlier. No-one forced you into the last row in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.