Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

So what you do in my situation (tonight’s BA107 overbooked)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So what you do in my situation (tonight’s BA107 overbooked)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Exec Club Silver
So what you do in my situation (tonight’s BA106 overbooked)

Hi all,

So in a couple of hours, I am due to fly BA 106 from DXB to LHR in W class. However, when I arrived at check-in, having not being able to check in via the app this morning, was told that I couldn’t be assigned a seat for the flight yet.

So so what would you do in my situation? Can I be ticketed QF and travel on EK, or go via Amman or Helsinki?

One more thing, the 90 tier points I was expecting to get for this flight would take me to 280 for the current 12 month period. Anyway that would grant the extra 20 due to the inconvenience, or is there another routing that can break the 110 threshold I need to reach bronze?

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited by ajrblakey; Mar 4, 2019 at 1:32 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:30 pm

The BA107 is ex-LHR, do you mean the 106?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAWatson
The BA107 is ex-LHR, do you mean the 106?
Yeah I do, sorry typing this on my phone.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:40 pm

Depending on how urgently you need your reach your destination I would collect the €600 compensation and enjoy accommodation at the airline's expense. Or see if they will reroute you on another airline. And maybe even both.

On the other hand the overbooking may clear. It often does.
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
There's no Y+ via AMM or HEL, or on EK. Nor is there Y+ via AMM if you were to do AMM-LHR on BA (2 cabin service).

I don't think airlines rebook onto codeshares during irrops (though I've had this happen once), in your case it wouldn't help you.

The only thing I could think of to get your extra TPs would be DXB-BAH on CX then BAH-LHR.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Just to add - there are quite a few empty seats in J, I'd say this is a candidate for rolling forward (if not you, then another pax, and you would take their seat).
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
There are still 11 unallocated seats in J and 14 in Y, according to Expert Flyer.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:43 pm

Sound more likely to be an op-up to me
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
Depending on how urgently you need your reach your destination I would collect the €600 compensation and enjoy accommodation at the airline's expense. Or see if they will reroute you on another airline. And maybe even both.

On the other hand the overbooking may clear. It often does.
For the 600 euros, I would need to be involuntary bumped, rather than take myself off the flight?

Cheers,
Alex
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by ajrblakey

For the 600 euros, I would need to be involuntary bumped, rather than take myself off the flight?

Cheers,
Alex
Yes. If you offload voluntarily then all bets are off.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:45 pm

The flight is still selling so it should clear and you should be fine.
​​​​​​If you have the app you can refresh your boarding pass to check if you have a seat .
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hopefully you are operationally upgraded and can enjoy the new CW soft stuff!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ajrblakey
Can I be ticketed QF and travel on EK, or go via Amman or Helsinki?

Originally Posted by BA6501
I don't think airlines rebook onto codeshares during irrops (though I've had this happen once), in your case it wouldn't help you.
As BA6501 noted if you were rebooked on EK it would not be on a codeshare. Actually since you would be entitled to original routing credit anyway there is really no incentive to be rebooked under the QF codeshare at all.

One more thing, the 90 tier points I was expecting to get for this flight would take me to 280 for the current 12 month period. Anyway that would grant the extra 20 due to the inconvenience, or is there another routing that can break the 110 threshold I need to reach bronze?

I have never seen a report on here of TPs being given due to inconvenience so I would think you are wasting your time on this one.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Just to add - there are quite a few empty seats in J, I'd say this is a candidate for rolling forward (if not you, then another pax, and you would take their seat).
Despite me only being a Exec Club blue?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAWatson
The flight is still selling so it should clear and you should be fine.
​​​​​​If you have the app you can refresh your boarding pass to check if you have a seat .
Just refreshed the app, allocated me 33F at present. Could that change though?

Cheers,
Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.