FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   High Winds Switzerland - Basel / Zurich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1959300-high-winds-switzerland-basel-zurich.html)

BAEC Mar 4, 2019 10:37 am

High Winds Switzerland - Basel / Zurich

BA 750 departed late from LHR.... circled for ages over Basel. Attempted to descend 3 times, on fourth attempt landing aborted.

Diverted to Zurich, first attempt aborted due to winds.
Second attempt.... finally landed at 18:36 ...

Now wait for transfer info.

BAEC Mar 4, 2019 10:59 am

Still stuck on plane. Captain and Dispatcher in discussions.

No no one allowed to disembark

BAEC Mar 4, 2019 11:15 am

Finally decision made for all passengers to get off. And take ground transportation to Basel.

But now what for Emigration and Customs officials to be available.

So so much for my Birthday Upgrade 😒

adrianlondon Mar 4, 2019 11:19 am

It's fine here at the moment but we had some crazy gusts of wind earlier.

A few years ago, due to problems elsewhere, my flight to Basel ended up in Zurich. I was flown from Zurich to Basel - the shortest flight I've ever taken. Enjoy your train ride! It's irritating that the quickest route typically involves a change at Zurich HB.

florens Mar 4, 2019 11:45 am

BSL has more problems coping with high winds from the west (as runway 15/33 is used for landings) compared to ZRH, where runway 28 is available, so I am not surprised to see diversions on days like this. According to FR24, the plane didn't go around in ZRH, actually.

Safe travels.

BAEC Mar 4, 2019 12:47 pm

Thanks. Should have been in Basel at 17:15. Now it’s 20:37 and we are going by bus to Basel.

Shoukd arrive at 21:40 😊

N830MH Mar 4, 2019 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by BAEC (Post 30846563)
BA 750 departed late from LHR.... circled for ages over Basel. Attempted to descend 3 times, on fourth attempt landing aborted.

Diverted to Zurich, first attempt aborted due to winds.
Second attempt.... finally landed at 18:36 ...

Now wait for transfer info.

Yeah, I was on the flight to BSL today..My flight number is 754. We couldnt landed in BSL. The captain came on and Basel airport is closed. We have a bumping flight. We circled over Basel airspace. It was too windy to landed into Basel.

adrianlondon Mar 4, 2019 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by BAEC (Post 30847131)
Thanks. Should have been in Basel at 17:15. Now it’s 20:37 and we are going by bus to Basel.

A bus is probably quicker than the train, but I'm surprised they did that. The downside is that they'll probably take you direct to Basel airport rather than the centre of town which, I assume, is where you'd rather be. So then you're all on Bus 50 (or ubers) back into town. I can only guess it was cheaper for BA to put you all on a bus than buy train tickets.

N830MH Mar 5, 2019 10:23 am

Let me explain to you something about my flight yesterday. They unable to landed into Basel. We got almost diverted to Zurich. We circled around Basel airspace. So now, we landed into Basel. What an crazy day! I told my brother what happened of my flight. I show him my flight tracker.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3a970db080.png
This is my flight tracker. I was on my flight. The flight number is BA754. You can see it.

DeathSlam Mar 5, 2019 11:43 am

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 30850948)
Let me explain to you something about my flight yesterday. They unable to landed into Basel. We got almost diverted to Zurich. We circled around Basel airspace. So now, we landed into Basel. What an crazy day! I told my brother what happened of my flight. I show him my flight tracker.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3a970db080.png
This is my flight tracker. I was on my flight. The flight number is BA754. You can see it.

OMG the pilot was just drawing a giant wang in the sky!

plunet Mar 5, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by DeathSlam (Post 30851284)

Over an hour on the BA board for someone to come up with that comment, standards are slipping lol. Never heard it called a Wang before though.

Dubh Mar 5, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by DeathSlam (Post 30851284)

That's exactly what I thought. My god we're disgusting.

He made a bit of a balls of that approach. Etc.

N830MH Mar 5, 2019 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dubh (Post 30851443)
That's exactly what I thought. My god we're disgusting.

He made a bit of a balls of that approach. Etc.

Yes, I was on this flight yesterday. Can’t you believe this? What an unbelievable days!