Multi City Avios booking

Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Multi City Avios booking

Hi,
Is it possible to book a multi-city trip with Avios online, or do I need to call up BAEC to do this?
I am looking at GLA-PSA outbound, FLR-GLA inbound, and I want to use an Amex 241 voucher... so can the voucher be used when the trip is split like this?

thanks for any advice / tips.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Yes you can use a 2-4-1 but you will have to call.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
thanks - i assume i should not get charged the offline booking fee since i cannot book online?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by FliGuy
i assume i should not get charged the offline booking fee since i cannot book online?
BA policy is this: If the website offers the function, but it falls over for that particular transaction, then the offline fee shouldn't be charged. However, if the website doesn't offer the function at all, and you have to call to do it, then the offline fee is payable.

Often, agents are willing to be more generous than the policy, but strictly speaking that is what the policy is.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:26 pm

I think its accepted that open jaw bookings (like this) are free to book over the phone. The BA ticket office will relay you to the Avios team who are quite up to speed on such bookings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.