Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds upgrade voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Lloyds upgrade voucher

Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know how I use the upgrade voucher I have sitting in my Avios account now it has closed?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by loftus1961
Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know how I use the upgrade voucher I have sitting in my Avios account now it has closed?

Thanks in advance.
Phone avios , I did this a couple of weeks ago. The only change to before is that they need to manually move the avios from your BAEC to complete the transaction.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:33 pm

Does availability need to be in both classes or just the one above?

Palmer
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Originally Posted by Palmer
Does availability need to be in both classes or just the one above?

Palmer
The one above
Palmer likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
One thing which isn't made clear in the T&Cs is that a Lloyds voucher can't be used one way for 2 people for short haul trips where you have to change in LHR/LGW.

I tried using my voucher for a one way flight for 2 people NCL -> LHR -> AMS
The agent said it would require one voucher per flight segment meaning two required for this trip.

Gah - this was after waiting 27 mins for an agent.

Last edited by AleTrail; Mar 21, 2019 at 1:53 pm Reason: context
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Phone up and try again. It is a completely manual process their end; and with a little bit of charm you'll find you can get some good deals (CW->F) for example, or, CWLCY for Y.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Confirmed
How does CWLCY for Y work? Is there Y space to upgrade from?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Can anyone clarify what this voucher can be used on for one person? I have one expiring end of the month and was trying to use for just myself for 2 one way booking (probably HKG-LHR and MAD-LHR-PEK).

I thought this was fine - and indeed have been told before when I called that it would be. I have now been told that for 1 person it has to a return flight (one booking, same cities) AND must be started as a UK departure. This is not in the t&cs! Any ideas...?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:38 am

Can anyone tell me what is the cancellation policy on the Lloyds Voucher? Do I get my points back? Do I get my Avios back? Does it cost anything?

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HSR1234
Can anyone tell me what is the cancellation policy on the Lloyds Voucher? Do I get my points back? Do I get my Avios back? Does it cost anything?

Thanks
IIRC it's the same as any other Avios.com cancellation (points back, some cash back) but you lose the voucher.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justin1123
Can anyone clarify what this voucher can be used on for one person? I have one expiring end of the month and was trying to use for just myself for 2 one way booking (probably HKG-LHR and MAD-LHR-PEK).

I thought this was fine - and indeed have been told before when I called that it would be. I have now been told that for 1 person it has to a return flight (one booking, same cities) AND must be started as a UK departure. This is not in the t&cs! Any ideas...?
That sounds correct and I think it was in the Ts&Cs when they were published.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Phone avios , I did this a couple of weeks ago. The only change to before is that they need to manually move the avios from your BAEC to complete the transaction.
Does one need to call BAEC or is there a separate number for bookings that involve the Lloyds voucher?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by mec72
Does one need to call BAEC or is there a separate number for bookings that involve the Lloyds voucher?
No, phone avios.com , the number is 0344 49 333 49

Lines open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm. Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile other providers may vary. Please note: calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
No, phone avios.com , the number is 0344 49 333 49

Lines open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm. Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile other providers may vary. Please note: calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes
03 numbers are included in call allowances, so shouldn’t actually cost you anything btw.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

03 numbers are included in call allowances, so shouldn’t actually cost you anything btw.
Has anyone else not received a letter about this closing? I haventh got one yet but worry mine will close along with everyone else's. Does anyone know the deadline for spending £7k - was it in July some time? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.