Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The ‘dishes you’ll be (or are already) missing’ thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Let’s face it, many of us on this forum are (sometimes very) frequent travellers and frequent travel often comes with a paradoxical mixture of wanting surprise and developing tastes andhabits that can be disrupted by change at the same time.

We can of course be jealous of our JL forum F pax who mourned the disappearance of the Salin 2002 menu,but equally why not count our own blessings and admit that there is that dish -served in whichever cabin or lounge - we are going to miss when it falls victim of the next rotation and secretly hoping will soon make a come back.

So i’ll start - this thread was partly inspired by the thought that a few minutes ago, I finished my last plate of the ccr dried smoked breast with cranberries, sprouts, and confit qumquats and I was almost tempted to ask for another as I think I’ll miss it when it’s replaced tomorrow or shortly thereafter. Every time i go to the jfk ccr, i also secretly hope they’ve brought back the classic lobster bisque with its healthy little mound of lobster meat on the menu, and onboard, there was that duck confit with red cabbage in J which has not yet made it back and a Peshawar curry in y that was particularly lovely as was a lobster and grapefruit starter I got in F on one of my first trips in that cabin (no, you rude people, that wasn’t that long ago!)

what are yours?

ps: talking of Salon, JL just announced it is now back - with the 2007 vintage, and Tobias-UK told us that in the ccr, the very popular ribeye is soon to rejoin us, so let’s hope that if BA decide to have a look, this thread will be the positive precursor of a ‘back by popular demand’ sister thread!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
LHR GF used to do a brilliant treacle tart with ice cream - I may or may not have had three of them during one particular visit...
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
The controversial Heston Blumenthal Shepherds pie!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I miss the CE prawn salad! (Ducks for cover)
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd love a plate of the excellent Chilli con Carne and baked potato I had last time I was in the T5 GC. Is it still available?
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I really miss the CW curries pre Do & Co (theirs are not in the same league).
It’s a moot point as I have developed an allergy to ginger, therefore any curry has to be prepared by yours truly given the ‘Holy Trinity’ of onions, ginger and garlic.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:58 pm

The JFK CCR tomato and burrata starter from summer 2018! It was an excellent dish.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
I miss the CE breadroll. You know, the square one with green bird seeds on
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
I miss the ice cream freezer in Galleries Club in T5.
orbitmic and gustavmahler like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I miss... anything hot being served for dinner in CE between LON and BCN (and other Spanish destinations). Even those salads with a ‘hot element’ were ok.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I miss the lemon melts.

(I know they are available on LH in J, but that’s not the point. I did acquire a few packets last week, but was annoyed when Mrs M found them in my bag and ate them. ‘I thought you got them for me,’ she said.)
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Bacon and omlette rolls in GC. The current bacon ones are not the same...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Pre BOB days in ET you got a little snack with cashews, a crunchy thing and big yellow raisins - loved that little snack
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Being as I am normally at the back and WT plus at best, I will go with...

the lemon biscuits in ET from pre BoB
AnaTravel and tedcruz like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:44 pm

I miss the Out of Africa macadamia nuts in Club.
The current packets of burnt almonds are just plain nasty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.