Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:16 am

Maybe there is a secret plan inside BA to kill First, and a great CW seat is part of that?

rb211.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:42 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thinking about it, I would rather be paid in Avios than Zimbabwean dollars, hopefully I never have to make the choice.
Clearly the thinking stopped there...

Does accepting ZMB as payment violate a set of terms and conditions that not only has the potential to render them unusable, but also constitutes a ‘fundamental violation of the T&Cs’ you are required to adhere to maintain membership of the only club in town where you can spend them?

I’d offer you a million Avios to concede but because they lack the fundamental properties of a currency. Neither you nor I can offer or accept them as payment without them and any that we hold becoming legally, contractually worthless.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:52 am

I give up!

rb211.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by RB211
I give up!
Do you think the new First will be vastly different from the current one, or just little more than an iteration, given what BA management has said on the topic?

Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Maybe there is a secret plan inside BA to kill First, and a great CW seat is part of that?

rb211.
I am sure there are enough high profile routes like LAX, SYD, SIN, JFK HKG, NRT that still need First.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Do you think the new First will be vastly different from the current one, or just little more than an iteration, given what BA management has said on the topic?

Thanks, Globaliser!

I think it will be significantly different, not a suite, but more enclosed than the current offering. The bed will be a little wider but I don't see length increasing (much.) Hopefully a bit more consistency w.r.t. storage across the fleet.

Either that or they'll kill it entirely!

rb211.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by icegirl
I am sure there are enough high profile routes like LAX, SYD, SIN, JFK HKG, NRT that still need First.
Yes, one would think so. And this one hopes that SFO is on that list, too!

rb211.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
given that even AA has kept first on their 77W to limited destinations, i can't imagine BA giving it up entirely, but going more the route as AA has plus some additional destinations since of course BA has a more extensive international network than AA has.
icegirl likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Yes, one would think so. And this one hopes that SFO is on that list, too!

rb211.
what about Honore, Saint Marie? 😉
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by SaraJH

what about Honore, Saint Marie? 😉
No one seems to fly there, not surprisingly, as it's pretty hard to find it on a map!

rb211.
SaraJH likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
You don’t want to go there anyway, far too many murders. Apologies for going off topic
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by SaraJH
You don’t want to go there anyway, far too many murders. Apologies for going off topic
And one isn't safe even if one is a detective... but we digress...

Back to new First... ummmmm... errrr... What would a murderer want to see in new First from BA?

rb211.
SaraJH likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
And one isn't safe even if one is a detective... but we digress...

Back to new First... ummmmm... errrr... What would a murderer want to see in new First from BA?

rb211.
Digress? On this Thread??

In answer to your question, a chrome plated knife holder with a sharpener.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by icegirl
let’s start with what we know. The a350-1000 that replace about half the 747s will not have first. The 787-10 will have 8F probably (there is a config option with no F). The 777x with have 8F. So many low yield routes will totally or partially lose first. Overall First seat offer will fall a lot.

will there be a new seat? Frankly I doubt it until maybe the 2022 777x first delivery. In 3-4 years a lot might change. In the meantime the 777-200 F seat, especially in the centre will still offer far far more room and privacy than is likely in the new club seat -and remember present generation club will be flying into 2023 or later on some fleet.

so what does this mean? Perhaps a soft refurb (new covers, cushioning), new bedding and plates, and as you cut it to routes and a smaller count of mostly cash payers, food wine and service might see a lift. all this is a well trodden route by JAL, Lufthansa, Qantas (to different degrees).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
I was under the impression that the recent order of 77X will replace the 747s not the 350. Which makes sense if there is a new F seat. Are there currently 3 class 747s?

My prediction and shillings worth would be that if the new business seat wows us all, we won’t be seeing it on any aircraft with the current F. So introducing a new F that slightly outdoes the new J seat, coupled with better soft and ground products in F, would make more strategic sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.