Wiki Posts
Search

New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Will F & J get doors on their suites?
I guess for them to be properly described as ‘suites’ they would need to have some sort of door / full-sized screen, surely ? Otherwise they are seats.

But I don’t think we have been promised suites for either of the premium cabins, have we ?
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Looking at the standard three class Boeing seat map for the upcoming 779 you can see it gives room for "8 First Industrial cabins" however looking at the layout they are the same as the current seat.

https://www.flightglobal.com/assets/...x?itemid=70277

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...etails-436374/
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by icegirl
Looking at the standard three class Boeing seat map for the upcoming 779 you can see it gives room for "8 First Industrial cabins" however looking at the layout they are the same as the current seat.

I suspect you meant to say individual rather than ‘industrial’ .... ?

Although perhaps the reduction in the overall number of F seats might allow the opportunity for occupants to develop some cottage industries whilst onboard
icegirl and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by icegirl

https://www.flightglobal.com/assets/...x?itemid=70277

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...etails-436374/
I don't think those layouts are specifically for BA. Hint: BA revelead 777-9 will have 325 seats in 4 classes: first, business, premium economy, and economy.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by megaloman
I don't think those layouts are specifically for BA. Hint: BA revelead 777-9 will have 325 seats in 4 classes: first, business, premium economy, and economy.
True but gives us an idea of what the manufacturer recommends and what BA has to work with.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
If this was to be true ( no Amex 2-4-1 usage) then I think the cards would be withdrawn. As Amex have BA over a barrel regarding the recent data breaches I can't see them allowing the limiting of said vouchers in First as Amex deem themselves to be a premium brand & they wouldn't want to market a product that had to include the words "except 1st class" possibly a higher threshold but again that might not be something Amex would go for either. Of course as others have said BA could alter the availability ratios under their own prerogative but then you'd have to consider the fact that a product can't be sold/ marketed/ provided if a consumer cannot make use of it as it's defined ( again remembering I cant see Amex allowing the removal of First bookings anytime soon).
BA already have the capability to limit 241 usage to WT and CW anyway by not guaranteeing to release any reward seats in WT+ or F. I don't see why Amex would care if BA just stopped releasing any rather than just not guaranteeing to release any.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by subject2load

I suspect you meant to say individual rather than ‘industrial’ .... ?

Although perhaps the reduction in the overall number of F seats might allow the opportunity for occupants to develop some cottage industries whilst onboard
I envisaged a seat design with some scaffolding around it, mixed with copper piping and all the wiring on show I’m sure there would be some red brick thrown too!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!

I envisaged a seat design with some scaffolding around it, mixed with copper piping and all the wiring on show I’m sure there would be some red brick thrown too!
BA going Steampunk? That would be interesting!!

A bit like the inside of a C-130, less the brickwork, although a brick Bar would finish the convept.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:20 am

I thought that any specific details of the new seat were embargoed prior to official announcement / launch date.

But sounds like you’ve already seen some photos ....
T8191 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great for those who travel alone and like their privacy I suppose. However as my wife likes to have me close to her especially when she sleeps, the idea of suites wouldn't appeal to her at all.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Great for those who travel alone and like their privacy I suppose. However as my wife likes to have me close to her especially when she sleeps, the idea of suites wouldn't appeal to her at all.
We manage in a pair of CW seats (a/b) as long as she has the window away from other pax! That said, she’s also fine in a single window seat on AA in their l/h 1-2-1 configuration.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:47 am
Suspended

That's why the likes of SQ give you the option of a double suite.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8034191.html
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
you can snuggle up in y then?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@icegirl ... nice if you happen to be flying their sectors, of course. I suspect HIDDY would want EZE-GLA
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
Some of the snobbery sprinkled throughout this thread is quite astonishing.

Apparently myself and my family are “not pure first class” passengers but simply “low rollers” who only get to pollute the air of a First cabin by “spending too much on our credit card” & therefore getting into so much more debt than our measly incomes can service.
You have to remeber that status seeking is a big driver of activity from members of this forum. Why would you be astonished?

There is little you can take at face value when members here talk of service luxuries they want and price they'd pay.
Cap'n Benj and icegirl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.