New First Class

Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
I am in favor of any new rules that keep the "low rollers" out of First Class (-:
Totally agree. This should improve the current offering immensely and make it more exclusive not from service but also routes.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by icegirl
Totally agree. This should improve the current offering immensely and make it more exclusive not from service but also routes.
From these comments I assume I and my wife are thus deemed unworthy of flying in First.

Thank you for your DYKWIA perspectives.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Why would BA limit redemptions? Avios are big business for IAG and if aspirational redemptions like travelling on First are no longer available people may choose to join a different FFP
On a very simple basis because they only have 8 seats to fill as opposed to 14.

All this talk about 1800 quid fares and similar continued redemption opportunity are unlikely in a with Capacity cut by over a 3rd (nearly in half), simply as theyll be less seats to throw into those buckets

Similarly if they want to create a more exclusive product they wont be wanting to discount it and offer it up to all the Tesco brigade as they do now, as it does cheapen the product.

I suspect a LH type world would exist, with far less routes, far less discounting and far less redemption opportunities offered
rossmacd likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I'm planning on spending half the time in the office and charging the boss double for it. Just because BA wants to do something doesn't mean the market will go along.

Having said that, halving capacity will drive up prices and reduce redemption availability. But I think good old BA will continue to hustle for my POUG money whenever they have an empty seat (though it probably would happen less often).
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:39 am

To be honest the only reason BA have had to discount it to fill seats is because the current offering is frankly crap.

They can kid themselves all they wish about 8 seat cabins and exclusivity but when they actually employ exemplary crew on every flight not occasional ones, when they provide high standard food and beverage not the cheapest option, when they provide chauffeur service etc then people may consider paying it.

The only people who have devalued First are BA and if they really think people are going to pay 7k-12k to have anything other than perfection then they really are stupid. And under this senior management team running it they are incapable of providing that as all they know is cost cutting and budgets.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Oh this is silliness!

We all go to the same place in the end. I think the above posts are tongue in cheek. I spent a large part of my early twenties feeling inadequate or that I needed to fit in - but then I just decided people can take me or leave me.

I wouldnt read too much into anything just yet. One thing is for sure, things in ten years time wont be as they are today. But look back ten years and see what has changed. Some things we enjoy will go, but some new things will open up.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Nicolasteph17
To be honest the only reason BA have had to discount it to fill seats is because the current offering is frankly crap.

They can kid themselves all they wish about 8 seat cabins and exclusivity but when they actually employ exemplary crew on every flight not occasional ones, when they provide high standard food and beverage not the cheapest option, when they provide chauffeur service etc then people may consider paying it.

The only people who have devalued First are BA and if they really think people are going to pay 7k-12k to have anything other than perfection then they really are stupid. And under this senior management team running it they are incapable of providing that as all they know is cost cutting and budgets.
They dont need to do much at all to reach LH standards.

Halving loads would allow a far more exclusive CCR, a runable Limo option for transfers and a few extra quid on the fare would cover a bit of caviar and an extra 10-15 quid a head on the food.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Right, that’s it, my 500 of Tesco clubcard vouchers are now being directed elsewhere
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike&co
Right, thats it, my 500 of Tesco clubcard vouchers are now being directed elsewhere
Not having a TESCO here, I just rely on my Avios, earned by flying and from AMEX spend ... I presume I will be vilified by some posters up-thread for using those?
NoY and bermudasun like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by T8191
From these comments I assume I and my wife are thus deemed unworthy of flying in First.

Thank you for your DYKWIA perspectives.
That all depends on your definition of "low rollers"? The proposed solution is to buy a ticket only with no points redemption flights, no rewards for spending too much on your credit cards and no Airmiles upgrades. Now that doesn't include sale or ex-EU fares, so there is not to say you may still pick up a bargain here or there. If they restrict the upcoming new first to routes such a JFK, LAX, SIN, SYD etc I am sure there is no shortage of spenders. It will also depend on the success of the upcoming new Club World seat and if it will suffice to the needs to premium spenders.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

icegirl ... would you also exclude those flying on tickets purchased by their employers?
NoY, BingBongBoy, HMPS and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737
I'm planning on spending half the time in the office and charging the boss double for it. Just because BA wants to do something doesn't mean the market will go along.
Not sure if thats the best analogy in this situation. More like hes halving the number of your clients but charging the others more for three extra time youll spend on them.

I think BA May be chasing the market here, as opposed to doing something new. Their current F proposition is different to those offered by their European and Eastern alternatives
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by T8191
icegirl ... would you also exclude those flying on tickets purchased by their employers?
Nope. Just where employees take advantage of their travel expenses and gain points to redeem for personal travel in premium cabins like First.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
If new CW is the enclosed Suite some are hoping for, F will have to be quite a step up - so the loss of Avios bookings, may not be so terrible.

When QR designed the QSuites product, it was because the airline had previously announced it did not see a future for F (in general).

As such, the QSuite product is a halfway house between current J products, and the expectations of F (with a focus on privacy).

M
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
but when will we see a mock up of it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.