Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I am hopeful that, in the near future, entry into the F cabin will be limited to those passengers who know the difference between "less" and "fewer."
What if I know the difference but very rarely get it right...?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by etiene

What if I know the difference but very rarely get it right...?
Well then it’s about the distinction between knowledge and wisdom.

So it’s one thing to know that tomatoes are fruits. But there is wisdom in not putting them in a fruit salad.
T8191, mikeyfly, SaraJH and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by HMPS
Is it accurate to say that you mean: If my company paid for my business travels, I credit the points / miles earned to my personal account , I CANNOT REDEEM them for PERSONAL travel ?
That actually happens in some countries for civil servants.

Some larger departments have negotiated fares that do not earn any points/miles, whereas some make you sign an undertaking that you cannot use points/miles earned through work travel for personal purposes.
origin and icegirl like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: Confirmed
AFAIN AF, LX and SQ does not allow partner redemptions. Their F product is significantly richer than BA's offerings tho.
JL NH LH QR EK and EY allows partner redemptions, their products and services are significantly richer than AF/LX/SQ's offerings.
TG F can be a redemption or reasonably priced.
Allowing redemptions doesn't degrade a first class's image. But BA's arrogance may degrade itself.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: Confirmed
I think BA has options when it re-position their F product with the new seats/configuration. It can be a 'so-good-so-luxurious' kind of F where only GGL or above can redeem / no redemption and priced in the higher bucket. Or - it can follow the TG path - sell it at the lower bucket, near Flex CW with strict rules. A proper market research would tell which way is right.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by HMPS

Is it accurate to say that you mean: If my company paid for my business travels, I credit the points / miles earned to my personal account , I CANNOT REDEEM them for PERSONAL travel ?

Have you traveled on company paid tickets ?
I feel it is very poor etiquette for employees to take advantage of their employer’s generosity, especially when flying up front to accumulate the points vouchers etc unless you have authorisation from your employer to take advantage of it. If anything perhaps a corporate BAEC should be introduced where employers are funding travel for employees where points miles can be credited to fund future travel.

Yes I have travelled on company paid tickets and charged it to my company expense card.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by SKRan
AFAIN AF, LX and SQ does not allow partner redemptions. Their F product is significantly richer than BA's offerings tho.
JL NH LH QR EK and EY allows partner redemptions, their products and services are significantly richer than AF/LX/SQ's offerings.
TG F can be a redemption or reasonably priced.
Allowing redemptions doesn't degrade a first class's image. But BA's arrogance may degrade itself.
????

Assuming the number of seats are cut significantly, I don’t think BA will limit redemptions, for many of the reasons already discussed, they will, just like for many of the airlines quoted, have half as many to give and therefore be twice as hard to find
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by icegirl
I feel it is very poor etiquette for employees to take advantage of their employer’s generosity, especially when flying up front to accumulate the points vouchers etc unless you have authorisation from your employer to take advantage of it. If anything perhaps a corporate BAEC should be introduced where employers are funding travel for employees where points miles can be credited to fund future travel.

Yes I have travelled on company paid tickets and charged it to my company expense card.
Is it? most long haul trips will span way beyond your usual work hours, so you're essentially giving up your family/personal time for your employer's benefit. I see the points you get in return as a little compensation for giving up your free time.
JimEddie, Stez, HMPS and 10 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I feel it is very poor etiquette for employees to take advantage of their employer’s generosity, especially when flying up front to accumulate the points vouchers etc unless you have authorisation from your employer to take advantage of it.
Most employers are perfectly happy to allow that - mine (a FTSE100 company) is ok with me earning points from travel.

If anything perhaps a corporate BAEC should be introduced where employers are funding travel for employees where points miles can be credited to fund future travel.
it exists already, it is called OnBunsiness.
Stez, HMPS, angeloedades and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

There already is one google ‘On Business’m

I very much doubt many employees are flying in premium cabins solely for the collection of miles sake!

HMPS and AnaTravel like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by noddie09
Doesn't this make the CCR lounge now useless. They may as well cut the lounge in half just like they have to the F allocation
I think you may be forgetting two key points :

1. A significant percentage of those using CCR on any given day are not flying First class, and
2. It will be many, many years before all BA’s F cabins consist of only eight seats.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
1. A significant percentage of those using CCR on any given day are not flying First class, and
What percentage do you deem to be significant? Any basis for it?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL
The biggest reason to put eight rather than 14 seats up front, really, is to cram more CW seats into the aircraft body (plus that smaller F layout will quickly jump from A-fare availability to F-fare with a huge price). Although WT+ is probably a more lucrative area to increase capacity - as I've seen a lot of large companies drop business travel policy to premium in the last few years and those cabins are often rammed on many routes.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
PS. Imagine the outrage when someone boards new F with two toddlers, each in their own individual seats?

*popcorn*
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Hard to imagine BA thinking they could limit redemptions with 8 seats where you have a partner like CX with only 6 seats and as we all know, a vastly superior product all around, that offers redemptions in F!

Plus I suspect a larger number of GGL pay for J (like me) and while the upgrade vouchers are already challenging to use to go J to F, it's still a perk they'd need to replace.

Also let's not forget the AA 77W first cabin with 8 seats and availability to book with avios too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.