Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Time in FIrst Class: Great Flight Amazing Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

British Airways First Class is constantly getting criticized, and for some reasons rightfully so. Its hard product is definitely a generation behind its competitors, but it is still extremely comfortable.

I got to experience first class for the first time on BA, and I had an absolutely exceptional experience. The service was second to none, the food was great, and the 10 hour flight flew by. I figured we get a lot of negative here on BA First and I should share some positive. I recently wrote up a trip report on the Trip Report Section of FlyerTalk, if you are interested in reading my review, please check it out here:

Mom Trip to Europe Pt. 5: First Time In First -- British Airways First LHR to SEA
greg5, groenroos, MM00LL2 and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by kbooks66
British Airways First Class is constantly getting criticized, and for some reasons rightfully so. Its hard product is definitely a generation behind its competitors, but it is still extremely comfortable.

I got to experience first class for the first time on BA, and I had an absolutely exceptional experience. The service was second to none, the food was great, and the 10 hour flight flew by. I figured we get a lot of negative here on BA First and I should share some positive. I recently wrote up a trip report on the Trip Report Section of FlyerTalk, if you are interested in reading my review, please check it out here:

Mom Trip to Europe Pt. 5: First Time In First -- British Airways First LHR to SEA
"extremely / absolutely / second to none"

WOW!!!!! OMG!!!!!! very subtle and objective!!!!!!!!
masmadrid likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by SKRan

Not sure it's necessary to castigate someone for their opinion, even if you (presumably) disagree.

Thanks OP for the report, sounds like a great trip.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by kbooks66

Great that you had an excellent flight kbooks66. Thank you for sharing your report! You won't find sympathetic ears here from the professional complainers, who think they know better what others want from, and think of, BA. Your experience matches that of the absolute majority of passengers, so please don't feel pressured to acknowledge the 'criticism' of the very tiny but very loud group of people. As you can judge from the first response, you already made someone unhappy with your great BA experience. Some people just can't stand reading about good BA experiences (I mean, in the absence of actual bad experiences some would opt to discuss one that has not even happened yet and is very likely not to happen at all). Don't forget that you're not supposed to enjoy flying with BA unless it meets someone's else standards and requirements.

Of course, we are all supposed to use words like 'pathetic,' 'joke,', 'J-Plus,' or whatever the word-of-the-day is.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Great that you had an excellent flight kbooks66. Thank you for sharing your report! You won't find sympathetic ears here from the professional complainers, who think they know better what others want from, and think of, BA. Your experience matches that of the absolute majority of passengers, so please don't feel pressured to acknowledge the 'criticism' of the very tiny but very loud group of people. As you can judge from the first response, you already made someone unhappy with your great BA experience. Some people just can't stand reading about good BA experiences (I mean, in the absence of actual bad experiences some would opt to discuss one that has not even happened yet and is very likely not to happen at all). Don't forget that you're not supposed to enjoy flying with BA unless it meets someone's else standards and requirements.

Of course, we are all supposed to use words like 'pathetic,' 'joke,', 'J-Plus,' or whatever the word-of-the-day is.

Thank you always good to read positive things about BA... was starting to think that my First First in a few weeks would be a total let down but hey ho we have the Indian/Pakistan stand off to contend with now too
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
What a lovely review of BA F! Very useful for others trying to plan their trip & great level of detail. Your excitement to be there shines through & I am glad you had an exceptional flight (reminds me of my first F).

Thank you for sharing and good luck with your blog ^

If you thought any member of the BA team (whether on the ground or in the air) stood out, you can submit your feedback at ba.com/welldone.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:28 am

Good to see a positive BA F review ^ Glad you enjoyed the trip. I enjoyed your writing style

Was it your first time in a F cabin (on any carrier)?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:11 am

Not entirely sure why you need to post something like that? The OP expressed their opinion and if that was their experience then why doubt it? Also, as it is someone's opinion, not sure why it would be, or would need to be, objective.

Good to hear the trip went well OP, will read the TR!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Good to read your report and hope to experience the same in June when I do my first First! I’ll be grinning like a Cheshire Cat too. Like you, such Travel is out of reach for me but being able to collect avios gives the ordinary guy on the street an opportunity to fly BA First.

Thanks for such such a detailed report!

HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Etihad Guest, Velocity Plat, Qantas Plat.

Is this response really required? Seriously, some people just hate it when anyone says anything good about BA. And FTR I am not a BA FF, however I do like to see credit dished out where it is deserved.
Leave your agenda at home.
To the OP, nice report, well written, great to see positive comments about BA.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Nice report, I'm currently looking forward to my next BA First experience (well, actually only my 3rd and 4th legs) and despite all the criticism I can't wait.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

What an utter waste of finger tip skin! Get a life
BingBongBoy and SaraJH like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I enjoyed reading the report.
When BA gets it right, it can still be a great experience.

When it gets it wrong, well..............
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Good to see a positive BA F review ^ Glad you enjoyed the trip. I enjoyed your writing style

Was it your first time in a F cabin (on any carrier)?
It was my first time in any premium cabin. I am a back of the plane sort of guy. My whole goal is to spend as little as possible when I travel. So absent a great error fare, or a crazy promotion like the Iberia one (how i booked this), you can find me in the back of the plane. I am going to have my first business experience here in 2 months as I booked the Air Serbia error fare back in December.

I am sure some of my enjoyment was based on my lack of F experience, but I think a positive note needed to be shared. BA gets a lot of crud, despite it being a solid product.
spikegall, rossmacd and SaraJH like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:43 am
Original Poster

I am just writing my experience, as a first-timer in any premium cabin it was like a dream to me. While I can be a bit hyperbolic, I don't think I was in this instance. That was my honest emotions at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.