Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Time in FIrst Class: Great Flight Amazing Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Time in FIrst Class: Great Flight Amazing Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:46 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Nice report, I'm currently looking forward to my next BA First experience (well, actually only my 3rd and 4th legs) and despite all the criticism I can't wait.
As an averageish person. I don't get the criticism, I am sure other airlines have a superior product, but the number of route options, and the accessibility to book/upgrade via points makes BA the only viable first option for a lot of people.
dhuey, SaraJH and bhbloke like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CharlotteC

Thank you always good to read positive things about BA... was starting to think that my First First in a few weeks would be a total let down but hey ho we have the Indian/Pakistan stand off to contend with now too
It is popular to hate on British Airways, but my experience was fantastic. While I know other airlines may have superior hard products, your BA First experience will be fantastic. For someone who has never flown premium it was beyond what I imagined.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Glad you enjoyed the experience...

A lot of people on this board seem to forget that not everyone constantly flies in First or Business and is not so jaded by the monotony of travel, and that not everyone nit picks every degree of their life to the point of being a continual moaner.

Hope you get the chance to do it again soon and keep that level of excitement and enthusiasm for some time to come!
HIDDY, markzz2, spikegall and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Glad the OP enjoyed. My only F experience with BA (LHR PHX) last month was a bit "meh". I tend to use QR J as a benchmark in these matters.

But if you want a positive BA story, here goes:

I had a cheapie Y ticket TXL LHR this week. I turned up just after 10 for the 12:35 flight for the dubious delights of the Tegel lounge. At the business check in (I'm a silver) I asked in a really nice way if there was any chance of getting me on the 11:00. "let me see....yes". That buys a lot of goodwill towards the airline in my book (and partially offsets the unbelievably lazy cabin crew who hid in the galley last time I flew CW).

And no, I don't expect a repeat performance in the future. She was within her rights to say "Leider nicht, it's an inflexible ticket - go and drink some free beer in the lounge for an hour ."
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by kbooks66
As an averageish person. I don't get the criticism, I am sure other airlines have a superior product, but the number of route options, and the accessibility to book/upgrade via points makes BA the only viable first option for a lot of people.
I don't get the nastiness, either. Glad you enjoyed your trip so much.
BingBongBoy likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Great review ! Like you, me and my partner are flying our first first class trips in summer LHR - SJC and JFK-LHR and are already super excited 😆
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by kbooks66
It was my first time in any premium cabin. I am a back of the plane sort of guy. My whole goal is to spend as little as possible when I travel. So absent a great error fare, or a crazy promotion like the Iberia one (how i booked this), you can find me in the back of the plane. I am going to have my first business experience here in 2 months as I booked the Air Serbia error fare back in December.

I am sure some of my enjoyment was based on my lack of F experience, but I think a positive note needed to be shared. BA gets a lot of crud, despite it being a solid product.
Thanks for the report, glad that you enjoyed the trip.

I will be taking my first BA first in 2 weeks, so it is nice to see a positive review of the experience. I also booked using the IB promo and I am am looking forward to comparing F to CW.
Lower expectations than I would usually have for an F flight, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Great trip report and really well written, your excitement really comes across. I too have been able to experience BA first class by using avios and I agree with you, it’s a great product, we too had fantastic service from the crew and they can really make or break a flight.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by wyddfa
... (and partially offsets the unbelievably lazy cabin crew who hid in the galley last time I flew CW).
I keep reading complaints about crew hiding in the galley. No offence, but I genuinely don't get it. Hiding in the toilets, well that I agree would annoy me, but where is there for anyone to hide in the galley? Unless you want crew patrolling the aisles constantly (I don't) the galley is the appropriate place for them to be stationed. It means there's a chance someone will respond when you press the call button, and if you want to stretch your legs to fetch a bottle of water or be sociable you know where to look for them.

Back to the main topic: I really enjoyed the OP's trip report which reminded me of my first premium cabin flights. i hope s/he gets to repeat the experience soon.
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.