Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPA lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

TPA lounge

We are flying back TPA-LGW next week in J. Can anyone please advise what the TPA lounge is like?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

LGW B777

My flight attendant nephew has already advised that we are likely to be underwhelmed by the “bucket & spade” 777
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
BA's lounge is the Admirals Club.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
BA's lounge is the Admirals Club.
Do you know of food is available pre-flight in the lounge?
thanks
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
There are snacks in BA lounge. Must admit it does feel a bit clinical though. We have tended to use AA Admiral club in recent years, a much nicer place with great views out.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
From the handy BA Lounge Database | North America:-

Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
They tend to put out a few cut wraps and sandwich quarters that get snapped up quickly. It's two minute walk to the food court so I'd get something more substantial there and then head to the lounge.

Last time I flew TPA in November there was a LHR 777 covering the route most days as the refurbs were happening. Great IFE and was in good condition (it was a four class). Don't know if this is still the case
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by zanderblue
There are snacks in BA lounge. Must admit it does feel a bit clinical though. We have tended to use AA Admiral club in recent years, a much nicer place with great views out.
I believe that BA stopped contracting with the 3rd party lounge (International Club, or something like that) several years ago, and as set out in the link provided by Globaliser the Admirals Club is the lounge provided by BA.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:00 am
Suspended

I believe that BA stopped contracting with the 3rd party lounge (International Club, or something like that) several years ago, and as set out in the link provided by Globaliser the Admirals Club is the lounge provided by BA.
I can't believe that last time I flew this route BA was still using international club!! That must be few years back!

That being said, the Admirals Club was very difficult to find until 2018. It was hidden behind some café shops. Now the layout changed a little and the ever crowded Café is gone. Hopefully it is easier for people to find the Admirals Club.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
They tend to put out a few cut wraps and sandwich quarters that get snapped up quickly. It's two minute walk to the food court so I'd get something more substantial there and then head to the lounge.

Last time I flew TPA in November there was a LHR 777 covering the route most days as the refurbs were happening. Great IFE and was in good condition (it was a four class). Don't know if this is still the case
Interestingly, Flightradar showed an LHR 777 operated the route one day last week too, but are the refurbished LHR 777s not normally on this route, i.e. 3-4-3 across ? I'm booked on it June/July and MMB seat choice show this. I'm WT out, WT+ on the return.

The last few aircraft have been G-VIIO, G-VIIY and G-VIIV. Today is planned to be G-VIIP.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

i believe the switch over happened at the end of October last year at which time the Admirals Club became BA’s designated lounge
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
i believe the switch over happened at the end of October last year at which time the Admirals Club became BA’s designated lounge
Oh dear! That must make the AA Admirals club very busy large afternoon/ early evening.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
What day are you flying? Next week’s seat maps look like a mix of refurbished 3-class (32J 1-4) and 4-class (possible use of the unsold F cabin).
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Chart shows it not terribly busy during winter schedule.

AClub food is underwhelming at best, drinks not as good as a BA lounge either, Just cookies, nuts fruit- maybe a soup. And just beer and wine (but not all beer and wine) and limited coctails. I was given an Aperol spritz and went for no2 and the different bartender wanted to charge me. Not sure if they dont do any now, this was in 2018 in a diff Aclub lounge but they are pretty much the same.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
It's an ok lounge but the food is very limited. We used the lounge in January and there were only crudities and dips and a small plate of cookies. Alcoholic drinks are via a voucher which is issued to you on entry.
I believe you can order and purchase food in the lounge.
Whilst the old lounge wasn't fancy the small selection of sandwiches and the self pour bar was a better. I also thought the new lounge was dark and gloomy although it does have windows which is more than the previous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.