Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Number of Flights" doesn't carry across tiers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help!

Mrs and I have recently been on a few trips - she started out with 0 TP's and blue. We did a TP run, which was an EUR 80TP each way, thus qualifying for the "2 flights" for bronze and also halfway there on the TP's. We then did TRN->LGW->JFK so another 3 flights, which put her up to Bronze and a total of 4 flights. We then did JFK -> LHR for another 140 TP and another flight. Then another mini TP run for 160 TP's and 2 flights.

By my calculation this is 640 TP's (which are showing correctly), but then it's only showing as 3 out of 4 flights completed for silver. Any idea why that might be? Do the earlier flights get "discarded"? I didn't think they did, and so therefore she should hit silver? If they do, it means there's effectively 2 "wasted" flights in there that get "thrown away" if they don't count!

Or does the system just need a couple of days to sort itself out? Or is it worth a call to BA? Got a trip coming up soon (few weeks) where we were hoping to use her lounge guest allowance.

Thanks all for any help!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Are you looking on the app?

Don't trust the app.

Check on the website.
Ldnn1 and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:42 pm

It's just a bug in the way it's displayed
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Thanks all! I was indeed checking the app. Looking on the mobile website it says “silver membership achieved”.

Thanks all - case closed!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by flyer_tom
case closed!
...while the Service Desk ticket remains perpetually open
thecoogan and etiene like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.