Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"BA1" Lounge Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
"BA1" Lounge Questions

hey folks --

I've just booked "BA1" for the first time, flying in a couple of weeks. I know there's no lounge at LCY (which is fine given early departure). I'm wondering --

1. Is there a lounge at SNN, or do you just reboard after clearing formalities? I have global,so expect i'll get through quickly.
2. Since it arrives already cleared at JFK, could I get airside BA lounge access there? I have a long layover before an AA connection.

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There is no lounge at SNN, just a small roped off reserved seating area near the gate. Tbh once you have done the formalities (security and immigration) you will probably only be sat there for 5-10 minutes before you re-board.

i don’t find GE much quicker at SNN as usually there are no queues anyway. Still nice to use tho

at JFK when you arrive I think only the GC would be open. Not sure whether you want to bother since you would presumably have access to the AA flagship lounge in T8.
orbitmic and george77300 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
No there isn't a lounge at SNN, you complete immigration formalities then there are some nice armchairs at the gate area to wait to re-board. With regards to airside lounges I'm not sure, sorry!

Unless it has changed you can get a meal at the Pilots restaurant at LCY before the flight.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:46 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Whilst there is now a lounge at SNN post US immigration & customs, BA doesn’t contract to it and therefore you’d be on a paid basis. The reality is that you clear the formal procedures, sit in some chairs by the gate for 10 minutes (or wander round the limited duty free) whilst the other passengers are in what will likely be a short queue, and then re-board. BA probably won’t want you wandering off anywhere - the aim is to turnaround as quickly as possible.

Note that whilst there are GE machines at SNN I don’t believe there is TSA Pre so security will take longer than you’re used to - and it’ll be shoes off, electronics and liquids out. This tends to compact the time between first and last passengers through as well.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
There also a small selection of SSSS'd pax which may slow some down.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I don’t believe there is TSA Pre so security will take longer than you’re used to - and it’ll be shoes off, electronics and liquids out. .
Oh humbug! thanks everyone for the quick replies.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
When I went through there was another 2 transatlantic flights boarding and a 747 charter with US troops returning for deployment, Thsnkfully the airport let passengers go through before the troops as they were removing belts and boots etc. In preclearance the paperwork from LCY hadn’t been done prop rly so all passengers with hold luggage had to have a secondary inspection, there was a separate GE kiosk and there were 3 people that used it but the CBP Officer manning the J desk called them in between J passengers. We were ushered to the gate immediately and had to wait a few mins for the cabin crew who were the last to go through
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Has LCY abandoned its temporary Gate 24 lounge? which was like a pop up galleries lounge for the JFK flight
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Has LCY abandoned its temporary Gate 24 lounge?
The "lounge at gate" arrangement is no more. IIRC, it's because LCY now needs to use that gate more often so it could no longer allow BA its sole use for the time needed to run that "lounge at gate".
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:35 pm

Has LCY abandoned its temporary Gate 24 lounge? which was like a pop up galleries lounge for the JFK flight
yes it’s gone for well over a year now. Instead you now go to the pilots restaurant, show your bp, and you get a certian amount of free items from the menu.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Yes, it closed about 18 months ago.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by S_W_S
No there isn't a lounge at SNN, you complete immigration formalities then there are some nice armchairs at the gate area to wait to re-board. With regards to airside lounges I'm not sure, sorry!

Unless it has changed you can get a meal at the Pilots restaurant at LCY before the flight.
Flew BA1 on 13th Feb, and the deal is a meal at Pilots. I was seriously underwhelmed and was glad I didn't pay for the pathetic offering. The one plus was when I ordered a sparkling water I got a large bottle as the waiter said it was covered as 'one drink'.

BA1 is great but the entertainment on the iPads is lacking, so maybe download onto your own device if you want a better choice.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Note that whilst there are GE machines at SNN I don’t believe there is TSA Pre so security will take longer than you’re used to - and it’ll be shoes off, electronics and liquids out. This tends to compact the time between first and last passengers through as well.
No thats not true - its a weird hybrid. From memory they scan your shoes, but you keep liquids and laptops in your bag.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ukgooner
No thats not true - its a weird hybrid. From memory they scan your shoes, but you keep liquids and laptops in your bag.
i think you are remembering the old layout when security was in the immigration hall itself. It’s changed now and you get routed in to the main security area so it’s business as normal - electronics and liquids out.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Just before security there is a manual BP check and last time I used BA 1some pax were being subjected to secondary security as their names were on a list but the BPs weren’t marked as SSSS as a fellow passenger asked me when we reborded why I didn’t get the in-depth check and she did so I explained about SSSS.

the duty free selection is now much larger and improved and is now between security and CBP though there is still a very small shop near the gate area.

ive never had a problem with security at SNN its always been very quick. They tend not to let people through pre clearance security until relatively close to departure time as there really aren’t a lot of facilities in the gate area used by US flights so they keep them in the main, general departure lounge until they call the flights. Whereas BA 1 pax are basically walked straight to it,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.