Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Are BA Exec, Avios and Aer Lingus associated?

Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I have separate BA Exec and Aer Lingus AerClub Avios accounts. Do these programmes have anything at all in common, and can (or should) they be linked? I have read elsewhere that BA reward flights offered better redemption value than EI redemptions via Avios. If this is true, how I can use my EI Avios for BA redemptions? You can tell I'm new
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Hi anydroid. Someone will be along shortly to give you an official welcome, but let me extend my unofficial one.

The short answer is that yes, they are connected. You can transfer Avios between your EI account and your BA one. There is an option on both to "Combine My Avios." You can also do this with an Iberia Plus account. Just make sure the accounts all have the same details on them (name, address, etc), of there might be hiccups.
anydroid likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
While you can Combine Avios as mentioned above, it isn't currently possible to link them so that either account will remember your other Avios account - you have to log into each account every time you want to combine Avios from one programme to another.
anydroid likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mordac
There is an option on both to "Combine My Avios."
Thank you. Do you know how long this process generally takes? Is it bidirectional / reversible?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by anydroid
Thank you. Do you know how long this process generally takes? Is it bidirectional / reversible?
It's always been pretty much instantaneous whenever I've done it, but I don't know that they guarantee that. YMMV, but I've never had any delays. And yes, you can transfer back and forth as often as you want.
anydroid likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.