Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menu in WT Gatwick to Orlando

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Menu in WT Gatwick to Orlando

we are traveling in a couple of weeks to Orlando and I’m trying to find out the menu options in WT. has anyone flown this route recently that can help?
(my daughter has a tree-nut allergy, so trying to find out if the chicken curry, which I believe contains cashews is a common menu item on this route. We’ve taken all usual precautions, arranged pre-board etc etc and advised of allergy. Actually bringing food for her but would like to know if everyone on the cabin could be eating cashews)
thank you in advance 😊
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum benzie31. It's good to see you here, and I hope you have a good trip to Florida for a bit of a cool down!

I don't know about the menus but procedurely BA will ask passengers not to eat tree nut products, and then it's frankly a case of hoping for the best. They will also ask about epi-pens - who has them and who can use them. It's not just the curry, I would imagine other products could be on the radar here. It's probably not realistic to stop the main meal service for everyone since there are only usually 2 choices and they don't load both to 100%.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Fingers crossed it’s not the curry 😊😊
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
My experience of TPA (I assume almost identical catering...) is the curry is very very common
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
I don't know if this will help or not, but we flew LGW-FLL today, a 9am departure, and the choices were cauliflower mac & cheese or chicken with winter vegetables (a sort of chicken casserole with mash). The starter was some sort of rice/quinoa 'salad' with edemame beans, and dessert was a chocolate & sea salt 'pot' (mousse without the air - I've watched enough masterchef to know what that's called, but the name escapes me!).

​​​​​​
benzie31 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
It might be an idea to tell the cabin crew what tree nuts are before they ask people not to consume them. I have no idea what they are.
benzie31 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
It might be an idea to tell the cabin crew what tree nuts are before they ask people not to consume them. I have no idea what they are.
Tree nuts contain 1 nut in the shell and grow on trees like walnuts, almonds and cashew nuts.... compared to peanuts which grow underground and contain several nuts in a pod.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.