Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The Achilles' Heel of the New CW: Beverages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Achilles' Heel of the New CW: Beverages

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
All these worrying reports have led to a few UUA to F and a couple of cheap cash upgrades too. Perhaps that’s the reason for the thimbles on departure, the slow beverage service and the unreliable food... cunning BA, very cunning.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by allturnleft

The irony is that new revamped CW is so much worse than the old
I noticed even from last summer even the nice wine glasses seem to have gone
I think a trick in future is to order a glass of wine with your welcome drink and another when ordering your starter and your water !

BRING BACK THE TROLLIES!
I have mixed feelings about the new CW service too... On my last flight to NY, food was served exactly 2 hours after take-off and the meal service was only finished 3.5 hours into the flight. Painfully slow... Empty dishes remained uncollected for a very long time. Refills were few and far between. I do like the new bread offering - find it much better than the old bread rolls - but otherwise find the new CW food so-so compared to the old offering (although I recognize I'm probably in the minority here).
Old May 31, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Yeah, sure, except there are many posts above saying that pressing the call button is ignored. I only fly CW once a year at most, and I've had the call button pressed, and hence the little light on above my seat, for 10 minutes whilst crew did other stuff and walked past me more than once.
Then find the purser and complain ! Service levels will normally drop to the level at which they are accepted
HMPS and aircrashsurvivor like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by pinkcat
I have noticed a deterioration on the UD in the last year, I have sat and waited for meal/drink whilst other pax have had their full meal, of course I have used the call button but the FA came and cancelled it and walked off I assume they thought I had pressed it by accident . The service from the galley isnt working, it seems to be ok on AA and Qatar but BA hasnt got it right at all.
Did you not say anything when she cancelled the call button !!
HMPS and AnaTravel like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
Did you not say anything when she cancelled the call button !!
Am amazed how many pax accept lousy service, say nothing but come and "complain" ! To me if I do not speak up to the service provider or person in charge and up the chain I am doing a disservice to myself but importantly "perpetuate" the fall in standards If you are spending hard earned money or miles SPEAK UP.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by HMPS
Am amazed how many pax accept lousy service, say nothing but come and "complain" ! To me if I do not speak up to the service provider or person in charge and up the chain I am doing a disservice to myself but importantly "perpetuate" the fall in standards If you are spending hard earned money or miles SPEAK UP.
It’s a bit tricky when there are no CC about or they have disappeared somewhere. I think that’s the point that everyone is making. It’s not hard to come through the cabin once in a while to check on pax and maybe notice they’ve got an empty meal tray that needs clearing or asking if they would like a drink top up.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
And just to add, when I sent in a customer complaint about the IFE being broken I got this response:

“We are currently experiencing exceptionally high volumes and aim to get back to you as soon as possible”

So clearly there is a wider issue with unsatisfied customers.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:51 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HMPS
I could not agree more. I am always amazed that people don't say anything at the time. There are always reasons why not, but ultimately you are being ignored and that is wrong. If they do not hear the chime the first time - ring it again and if necessary yet again. As I so often say, complaining about it here might make you feel better but it does not sort out anything.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I could not agree more. I am always amazed that people don't say anything at the time. There are always reasons why not, but ultimately you are being ignored and that is wrong. If they do not hear the chime the first time - ring it again and if necessary yet again. As I so often say, complaining about it here might make you feel better but it does not sort out anything.
The problem is the design of the service is that the cabin crew work flat out doing the food delivery one seat a time; and there is physically no one available to deal with drinks, call button or no!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Indeed. Please bring back the carts, operated at both ends by the CC. It may not be ‘stylish’ but at least it works!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
absolutely !! I’ve been “lucky” I guess but only had a couple of flights with poor attention. And on those I don’t hesitate to ring and ring till someone comes. If nothing within 3-4 mins I get up and look for someone to address what I want which is usually just a drink or something cleared. Once you’ve done that once it never happens again on that flight !!
never rude or upset or angry but the implication is the level of service is at that point below expectations and it’s always addressed
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

The problem is the design of the service is that the cabin crew work flat out doing the food delivery one seat a time; and there is physically no one available to deal with drinks, call button or no!
If they had not taken off the extra crew member a few years back, this would not be an issue IMO. I far prefer that there are no trollies - do they have them in F? No. did they ever have them in F? No.

You do not need them when you do not have to trot to and fro to the galley. You know what? This is not Rocket Science. Take the d*mn drink orders and write them down. US airlines did this for donkey's years and it works. You take the list, one person pours and the others run them out. It is as simple as that. For refills - that may very well need tweeking. I do not know as I never seem to have an empty glass - but maybe I am just fortunate or I am not inclined to suffer in silence.

May I share something with you? So many people do not even look at the crew member when they are ordering. Then they complain that they are not served properly. I look at crew members, I smile at them, I do not fawn to them - God Forbid - but they are going to be making sure that I am kept refueled and fed for the next X hours so it makes sense. Fair or otherwise, that's how life works. That said - the refills seem to be a problem but again - a crew member who had just poured drinks could come out and deal with refills.

You cannot reduce crew and maintain standards as they were before - crew like the rest of you were born with one head and one pair of hands.

Trust me - I, Pucci, had a proper budget to run Cabin Service, there'd be a few changes. Trust me.
HMPS, T8191, allturnleft and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels

Let's no forget... 'Cost Cutting is in their DNA'....on that basis it's all working brilliantly. The next step is to make the wine so dreadful that no one actually wants to drink it. Job done.
HMPS and allturnleft like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Another thing, PUCCI ... despite my bleary eyesight, I make an effort to read their name tags so I can address them by name. Common courtesy, non?
PUCCI GALORE and flygirl68 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
If they had not taken off the extra crew member a few years back, this would not be an issue IMO. I far prefer that there are no trollies - do they have them in F? No. did they ever have them in F? No.

You do not need them when you do not have to trot to and fro to the galley. You know what? This is not Rocket Science. Take the d*mn drink orders and write them down. US airlines did this for donkey's years and it works. You take the list, one person pours and the others run them out. It is as simple as that. For refills - that may very well need tweeking. I do not know as I never seem to have an empty glass - but maybe I am just fortunate or I am not inclined to suffer in silence.

May I share something with you? So many people do not even look at the crew member when they are ordering. Then they complain that they are not served properly. I look at crew members, I smile at them, I do not fawn to them - God Forbid - but they are going to be making sure that I am kept refueled and fed for the next X hours so it makes sense. Fair or otherwise, that's how life works. That said - the refills seem to be a problem but again - a crew member who had just poured drinks could come out and deal with refills.

You cannot reduce crew and maintain standards as they were before - crew like the rest of you were born with one head and one pair of hands.

Trust me - I, Pucci, had a proper budget to run Cabin Service, there'd be a few changes. Trust me.
Do trust you. I have always read the name tag, looked up at the face, smiled and thanked them. Even on domestic Y. Alas the CC are perhaps more disenchanted with their jobs and are tere mostly to punch their time cards. Exceptions are always a relief & joy.
dubistokay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.