Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The Achilles' Heel of the New CW: Beverages

The Achilles' Heel of the New CW: Beverages

Old May 28, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
No problems for me on the upper deck 747s..
Totally different situation there.
Can't recall having my champagne topped up so frequently as on Mia lhr last month.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Can't recall having my champagne topped up so frequently as on Mia lhr last month.
Isn't that more to do with the better crew to pax ratio on the UD than the service routine, trolleys, etc?
flygirl68, HMPS and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by JimEddie
Isn't that more to do with the better crew to pax ratio on the UD than the service routine, trolleys, etc?
This is almost certainly the case ^

And the key point here is that UD on 747’s represent a very small percentage (way below 10% ..... ? .... I haven’t done the maths) of total available CW seat capacity across the fleet. Plus, the aircraft itself won’t be around too much longer, sadly. Much depends on how things work out service-wise as the 350’s and refurbed other frame types are rolled out. At least we can look forward to a greatly-improved seat in terms of useful storage space, privacy, and of course all-aisle access.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Was on UD last week and CC barely checked on me. Pretty poor, especially compared to the AA service on the return trip, where glass was never empty. Ended up going downstairs to the galley to get a drink
Old May 28, 2019, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by jrc999
Was on UD last week and CC barely checked on me. Pretty poor, especially compared to the AA service on the return trip, where glass was never empty. Ended up going downstairs to the galley to get a drink
What route please?
Old May 28, 2019, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Often1
I am shocked that nobody responded to the signal from OP's call button. Both as to a refill and as to having his tray cleared.
And if they don’t respond it gets pressed again.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

At least we can look forward to a greatly-improved seat in terms of useful storage space, privacy, and of course all-aisle access.
Which means with all aisle access it will be easier to get to the galley for top ups.

Doc Copper
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I simply never seem to run into these problems. Maybe I'm just lucky with crews etc.....But maybe it just never registers in my memory because I wouldn't be that worried about getting up and asking for a refill / tray clearance etc if I needed to.

I can remember one instance of lights going out on a non sleeper service ex JFK leg where I hadn't had my food yet but it was a genuine one off total cock-up between 2 CC, they were very apologetic, and within a few minutes my meanl choice was whizzed over to me, and top-ups were regularly forthcoming after that.

But in terms of what I 'expect' from the ticket, I'd say polite and above all efficient F&B service in J, and a permium experience in F

So if they rolled back the over complicated new CW food service I'd be fine with it if it meant that the delivery and removal of food and the top-up of drinks were simpler for CC to deliver on current ratios.

But that's just me - I'm not super picky on quality of F&B tbh - it's a meal on a plane at the end of the day. BA J food is generally fine but not incredible.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Can I help you

What route please?
LHR-JFK. The return via AA was infinitely better, although to be balanced I had one of the rocking Zodiac chairs. I pointed it out to CC to see if I could swap seats, who said he would check if any other seats were free (there weren’t) and he wasn’t aware of any seating issues!

Oh and the tv screen release was broken, so the cabin crew had to jam it open with cutlery or some other metal implement.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m surprised on the route, the crew should be much better than that.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
I have noticed a deterioration on the UD in the last year, I have sat and waited for meal/drink whilst other pax have had their full meal, of course I have used the call button but the FA came and cancelled it and walked off I assume they thought I had pressed it by accident . The service from the galley isnt working, it seems to be ok on AA and Qatar but BA hasnt got it right at all.
allturnleft likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by pinkcat
I have used the call button but the FA came and cancelled it and walked off I assume they thought I had pressed it by accident.
Happy to be corrected but isn't the only way to cancel the call bells using the remote in the seat? Odd that they could do this without a drink request.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: BA, EK, Hilton H, Starwood, A-Club
Doesn't anyone from BA who make these decisions every read these posts? It seems to be a recurring theme in the "front" of the plane that there are issues, but they never seem to be fixed! Maybe its like trying to turn a supertanker, in that it takes time. But people, if they are spending their own money, and have a choice of carrier, will look elsewhere for their future travel plans.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
On 5 of my last 6 flights , once I have been given my meal I have had no further attention or top ups from the CC and have had to take my tray back to the galley when done.
My other half and I have now developed a system of holding each others trays while extracting ourselves from the seat.
It seems to be a simple lack of crew.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by simonsmith
On 5 of my last 6 flights , once I have been given my meal I have had no further attention or top ups from the CC and have had to take my tray back to the galley when done.
My other half and I have now developed a system of holding each others trays while extracting ourselves from the seat.
It seems to be a simple lack of crew.
The irony is that new revamped CW is so much worse than the old
I noticed even from last summer even the nice wine glasses seem to have gone
I think a trick in future is to order a glass of wine with your welcome drink and another when ordering your starter and your water !

BRING BACK THE TROLLIES!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.