Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The Achilles' Heel of the New CW: Beverages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Achilles' Heel of the New CW: Beverages

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HMPS
1 Afraid of "rejection" as in no reply.
2 i WANT TO BE A NICE UNDEMANDING PAX.
3 " oh what's the use "?
A variant of 2 is that pax feel that the call button is for emergency or near-emergency use only. Quite common.
dubistokay likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:50 pm

I’m not saying it’s how it should be, but when in CW I just order two drinks at once to prevent problems of undersupply. So after take off, I’ll ask for a champagne and g&t, which usually lasts until the food is served. Usually once you’ve got your starter, it’s quite easy to stay supplied for the meal with wine. But on a longer daytime flight, one usually has to hunt down any form of drink once the meal is cleared.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
A question for CIHY - How does BA design their cabin service? Is it done by people with CC experience? Is it tested on full cabins before roll out? It’s been a while since I flew BA, but a generic complaint is that crews are overwhelmed and as a result service suffers.

CW is just not about food & drink, but the ability to work or sleep. These get difficult if your tray isn’t picked up when you’re done.
There may well be people in the service design team who were once crew, but then the service is tested on flights to see if it works, in the case of Club World it was tested over an extended period of time on the LHR-JFK route and then crew were asked to feedback as much as possible. The service has in fact already changed since it was introduced as it was an even longer time before some customers got their drinks.
I personally liked using the wine carriers to top up drinks as it looked nice and meant we could sweep through the cabin all at once without numerous trips back and forth and our customers didn’t go without. Sadly the wine carriers were withdrawn along with the trolley and wine bucket and display unit for starters and desserts.
RoyalSwazi and cosmo74 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by HowMayIHelp

There may well be people in the service design team who were once crew, but then the service is tested on flights to see if it works, in the case of Club World it was tested over an extended period of time on the LHR-JFK route and then crew were asked to feedback as much as possible. The service has in fact already changed since it was introduced as it was an even longer time before some customers got their drinks.
I personally liked using the wine carriers to top up drinks as it looked nice and meant we could sweep through the cabin all at once without numerous trips back and forth and our customers didn’t go without. Sadly the wine carriers were withdrawn along with the trolley and wine bucket and display unit for starters and desserts.

Possible the wine carrier increased consumption ?
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The wine carriers were a waste of time, you can still top up wines carrying two bottles of red wine, white wine and then waters.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The wine carriers were a waste of time, you can still top up wines carrying two bottles of red wine, white wine and then waters.
It’s not as easy as you don’t have a free hand to hold the glass, especially considering the extra reach if you try and pour for the person in the window seat.
Its just interesting that the complaint is that tops ups are far less frequent and both trolley and wine carriers are gone.
I liked the wine carriers
HMPS likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your right it isn’t easy but the wine holders were badly designed, we used to have a much better design which held three bottles and easy to hold.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by Mike_Smith
Maybee I am old school, but just get up, and go to the galley myself. and ask for 2 drinks each time.

As too often when you ask them whilst the ar passing, they forget
Not easy when you are sstill eating and have the tray and in the window seat?
HMPS and AnaTravel like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should never have get up or ask, you should be offered.
adrianlondon, DVT, HMPS and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Slow removal of empty trays is a constant annoyance on BA (and some other airlines).

My benchmark for this is actually Premium Economy on AA. Finished trays are whisked away within minutes of finishing eating. And while they often use plastic glasses, you're not short of a wine top-up for long either.
HMPS and AnaTravel like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by DeanB
Slow removal of empty trays is a constant annoyance on BA (and some other airlines).
My benchmark for this is actually Premium Economy on AA. Finished trays are whisked away within minutes of finishing eating. And while they often use plastic glasses, you're not short of a wine top-up for long either.
Yes, but how is the champagne?

rb211.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I have only noticed one thing I don’t like - the water glasses -aka my V&T glass.
I have received several chipped glasses - and even a cut lip from one. Due to the ‘cut glass’ the rim chips are not easily spotted.
I would love to know if they have more wastage compared to the regular plain ones.
I normally just go to the galley for a top up.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I have only noticed one thing I don’t like - the water glasses -aka my V&T glass.
I have received several chipped glasses - and even a cut lip from one. Due to the ‘cut glass’ the rim chips awre not easily spotted.
I would love to know if they have more wastage compared to the regular plain ones.
I normally just go to the galley for a top up.
I wonder if CC are instructed to clearly mark damaged crockery say with a big piece of tape or damage it more so it does not reenter the supply chain.
A cut lip or tongue is a major problem, burns like heck with salt or pepper !
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by amanx
Not easy when you are sstill eating and have the tray and in the window seat?
It is possible, but only in a yoga-meets-‘Twister’ series of contortions, and even then not after a couple of drinks (assuming one’s been fortunate enough to procure them in the first place)
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by HMPS

I wonder if CC are instructed to clearly mark damaged crockery say with a big piece of tape or damage it more so it does not reenter the supply chain.
A cut lip or tongue is a major problem, burns like heck with salt or pepper !
True - the Vodka is an antiseptic though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.