Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any idea of what percentage of BA customer have gold status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any idea of what percentage of BA customer have gold status?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by fourstardust

i was surprised at the number of Silver when i saw the stats. I didnt realise the Premier number included GGL as i found it odd that wasnt broken out
No surprise then that people complain about Galleries South being too crowded all the time with that percentage of the total numbers being Silver/Sapphires plus adding non status pax travelling in CE or CW
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
My understanding is it is only GGLFL bucketed in with Prems, ie CV number over 100.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I wonder what the male/female split of gold is?
They'll soon introduce quotas I am sure, so they can publish a nicer diversity report at the end of the FY.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
Originally Posted by onobond
A thought, slightly tipping over versus the conspiracy side, is whether it's too easy to get Silver, if 61.4% of all BA's passengers hold the second highest level of four in their FFP.
I read it as not 61% of all BA pax, but 61% of those using the First Wing.
That's mostly going to be people travelling in C or F (only Golds can get in without being on a C or F ticket), and I'd be very surprised if most of those travelling in those classes weren't elites. (The few remaining are probably elites with other OW carriers).
Hilde likes this.

Last edited by watersign; Feb 27, 2019 at 5:28 am Reason: quote didn't come through
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
[double post]
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by watersign
I read it as not 61% of all BA pax, but 61% of those using the First Wing.
That's mostly going to be people travelling in C or F (only Golds can get in without being on a C or F ticket), and I'd be very surprised if most of those travelling in those classes weren't elites. (The few remaining are probably elites with other OW carriers).
Seems quite odd. The only ways a Silver could use the F wing would be if they're guested by a Gold or travelling in F, so I can't see how the First Wing would have such a high proportion of Silvers.

Interestingly, I have been told that a relatively small proportion of travellers travelling F are Golds which is surprising, but the last 2 times I have been in F (pretty full cabins both times), I was told I was the only Gold in the cabin.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
At First Wing last weekend stat sheet was 44k passengers 3k Gold 27k silver and 35 Premier
I'd be curious to know what period these numbers related to.

44,000 sounds plausible for the total number of departing passengers through T5 in a day, as a 2015 factsheet says "The terminal will typically look after between 550 and 600 weekday flights and around 90,000 customers on a normal day." Presumably, 90,000 counts both arriving and departing passengers.

A T5 lounge daily brief did surface here in 2015. That gave the numbers expected that day of 23 "Prem", ~2,600 Gold, ~2,700 Silver and ~2,000 Bronze.

Consequently, if that stat sheet referred to 44,000 total passengers that day, then 35 Prems and 3,000 Golds could be about right for one day - and I would then have thought it more plausible that the number of Silvers was ~2,700 (not ~27,000).
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Following through from that thought about 2015, there was a Head for Points article earlier that year with the following numbers from a similar document for a day:-
Premier: 55
Gold: 2,982
Silver: 2,416
Bronze: 2,081
This is broadly consistent with the numbers on the lounge brief from later that year, and broadly consistent with the numbers quoted by fourstardust, other than the number of Silvers which appears to be out by something like a factor of 10.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
The Prem number now includes GGLFL.
Interesting - I had suspected that was the case
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
At First Wing last weekend stat sheet was 44k passengers 3k Gold 27k silver and 35 Premier
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Seems quite odd.

If you read this as ‘the stat sheet’, and not ‘the passengers’, being in the First Wing, then it all makes sense.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:25 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Consequently, if that stat sheet referred to 44,000 total passengers that day, then 35 Prems and 3,000 Golds could be about right for one day - and I would then have thought it more plausible that the number of Silvers was ~2,700 (not ~27,000).
That sounds a much more plausible option for the number of Silvers! I think someone misread the sheet (or maybe it had a typo, you never know)! Just imagine the Galleries Club lounges with ~2,000 people per hour pouring through the doors - not a pleasant thought!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
If you read this as ‘the stat sheet’, and not ‘the passengers’, being in the First Wing, then it all makes sense.

Aaahhhh the stat sheet is for the whole terminal... I am much happier now
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by frandrake
They'll soon introduce quotas I am sure, so they can publish a nicer diversity report at the end of the FY.
Maybe in the future, Gold will be 1,500 TP for women and 1,800 TP for men? That should help close the gap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.