Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any idea of what percentage of BA customer have gold status?

Any idea of what percentage of BA customer have gold status?

Old Feb 25, 19, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcosscriven View Post
Just wondering idly if BA themselves publish how many they have in each tier (say, perhaps, to other OW airlines)? What percentage on any given flight would have gold status I wonder?
I tried a search but quickly ran out of patience but I'm pretty sure I've seen a breakdown in the number of BAEC status holders by card colour posted on here before.

Needless to say I belonged to the largest group.
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This seems to crop up quite often... here is one of the previous threads but it has some interesting numbers... don't know how accurate they are:

Stats [number of members in each BAEC level]
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:22 am

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet View Post
This seems to crop up quite often... here is one of the previous threads but it has some interesting numbers... don't know how accurate they are:

Stats [number of members in each BAEC level]

Page not found ....
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Try this one: Stats [number of members in each BAEC level]
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, SQ KF Silver; others
I recall a post/thread a while back that showed BA's daily expectation of status passengers passing through LHR. I recall it was a few thousand gold card holders per day, and that the number of gold card holders and silver card holders passing through LHR was roughly the same. So fewer overall gold members in BAEC counterbalanced by those golds travelling more often than the silvers. I have a vague memory the stats for CCR/Prem was order of a dozen or two per day.
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KLM Flying Blue Gold, IHG Platinum, HIlton Diamond, Shangri-La Diamond, Marriot Gold
At First Wing last weekend stat sheet was 44k passengers 3k Gold 27k silver and 35 Premier
likethis likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
The Prem number now includes GGLFL.
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by fourstardust View Post
At First Wing last weekend stat sheet was 44k passengers 3k Gold 27k silver and 35 Premier
Are these numbers the total passengers for a day for BA through T5? 44K in total or 74K? If the lower number then majority of passengers are OW Sapphire or above
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by jamespi View Post
I came back from ATH once and found that there were less than 10 people in Group 4 and 5. The plane was full... Definitely very route dependent.
I’m not sure I would ever take this kind of scenario as any sort of reliable / useful indicator.

Once GA’s make an announcement (as many so often do) along the lines of ..... we’re now ready to board Groups 1 to 3 .... OR .... we invite passengers in Group 1 to board, followed almost instantly by a call for the other Groups ....... it’s little surprise that almost everybody suddenly places themselves in the ‘priority’ groups ..... whether justifiably or not
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Seat 1K View Post
The Prem number now includes GGLFL.
And bog-standard GGLs. This has been the case for quite some time now.
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KLM Flying Blue Gold, IHG Platinum, HIlton Diamond, Shangri-La Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A View Post
Are these numbers the total passengers for a day for BA through T5? 44K in total or 74K? If the lower number then majority of passengers are OW Sapphire or above
44 was the total , i read this on the sheet the staff have at the First Wing checkin
likethis likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:16 am

I wonder what the male/female split of gold is?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
And bog-standard GGLs. This has been the case for quite some time now.
Interesting, I assumed it was only those with CCR access (through status). The numbers have been as low as 8 and 16 the last couple of times I’ve noticed. Far fewer GGLs than I imagined, albeit looking at the numbers above it might have been on quiet days for what I suppose is mostly business travel.
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A View Post

Originally Posted by fourstardust View Post
OP will be able to confirm what number is correct. As I understood it, reading the post, 44k was the total, whereof Golds and Silvers were 3k and 27k, respectively. That would mean your conclusion is correct. A thought, slightly tipping over versus the conspiracy side, is whether it's too easy to get Silver, if 61.4% of all BA's passengers hold the second highest level of four in their FFP. Given that the weekend statistics were to be representative for the year, of course

Edit: OP already confirmed above
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by onobond View Post
OP will be able to confirm what number is correct. As I understood it, reading the post, 44k was the total, whereof Golds and Silvers were 3k and 27k, respectively. That would mean your conclusion is correct. A thought, slightly tipping over versus the conspiracy side, is whether it's too easy to get Silver, if 61.4% of all BA's passengers hold the second highest level of four in their FFP. Given that the weekend statistics were to be representative for the year, of course

Edit: OP already confirmed above
i was surprised at the number of Silver when i saw the stats. I didnt realise the Premier number included GGL as i found it odd that wasnt broken out

Search this Thread