FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   13 future reservations gone? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1958005-13-future-reservations-gone.html)

onobond Feb 25, 2019 1:04 am

13 future reservations gone?

Retrieving my BAEC account today, I was surprised to find no future reservations. A laconic message stated "We can't find any bookings for this account". I have 13 upcoming BA reservations this calender year, and was prepared to make another one. Calling GGL, the agent said "Yes, we've seen that happen to some accounts before", and promised to report the matter.

Is there no end to BA IT-failures?

TravellerFrequently Feb 25, 2019 1:05 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30818359)
Retrieving my BAEC account today, I was surprised to find no future reservations. A laconic message stated "We can't find any bookings for this account". I have 13 upcoming BA reservations this calender year, and was prepared to make another one. Calling GGL, the agent said "Yes, we've seen that happen to some accounts before", and promised to report the matter.

Is there no end to BA IT-failures?

There is no end to BA IT-failures.

ThatT1Feeling Feb 25, 2019 1:07 am

This happens to me quite regularly - it's part of the fun of travelling with BA.

MPH1980 Feb 25, 2019 1:10 am

Log out ... count to 10 ... log back in. 9 times out of 10 they will appear. If not, rinse and repeat.

corporate-wage-slave Feb 25, 2019 1:16 am

Is this the first time you have seen this? I get it around 2 or 3 times a year and I know it has featured in FT before. It us a regular and very longstanding minor annoyance of BA.com, and comes from when the library of trips gets out of sync with your account. There is a batch job which repairs it, so in a day or two it will be back to normal. Usually just BA.com is affected so the App helps to get the PNRs and then MMB works in the usual way. Or do an email search on "IATA Number" and you will see the e-ticket movements, it won't always pick up Iberia bookings, so a separate search for "075-" may be needed.

clubman Feb 25, 2019 1:23 am

This is a fairly regular occurrence. Just log out and back in again, as suggested above.

plunet Feb 25, 2019 1:29 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30818387)
Or do an email search on "IATA Number" and you will see the e-ticket movements, it won't always pick up Iberia bookings, so a separate search for "075-" may be needed.

Another amazing tip from CWS.

onobond Feb 25, 2019 2:19 am

Thanks for all input. Before calling, I did the log out/in and even restarted the laptop - still the same depressing result. As a desperate move, grabbed the phone and tried the app. Slightly better, but only 5 of 13 reservations showing, and missing the first one.

Presently on the move, have tried the app again, log out/in preceeding, but no difference. Will try ba.com again midday.

Not concerned about really losing the reservations, but the fact that many of you have experienced the same, and some even more than once, does however make me worried. I guess we're in for another BA melt-down?

corporate-wage-slave Feb 25, 2019 2:30 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30818493)
Not concerned about really losing the reservations, but the fact that many of you have experienced the same, and some even more than once, does however make me worried. I guess we're in for another BA melt-down?

Bit of a slow burn one if so, it's been going on for about 6 years.

Tobias-UK Feb 25, 2019 2:59 am

I had this issue yesterday using Chrome. Logged in, logged out, logged in again but still no reservations. I changed browser, logged in using Microsoft Edge and the bookings were there. They did appear on the App too. Try changing browser and see if that works.

onobond Feb 25, 2019 3:47 am

Back on the laptop. Stayed on Firefox, but logged out/in again - Voilą - all reservations visible again.

Learned something new today. Thanks to all responding ^

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30818521)

Bit of a slow burn one if so, it's been going on for about 6 years.

...but hasn't there already been two episodes in the recent years? :eek:

ThatT1Feeling Feb 25, 2019 5:10 am

<snip>

Honestly you really shouldn't be worried. Your reservations haven't gone anywhere, just that some small component is broken / out of synch / unable to connect between BA's back end services and their front end services (such as the website or the app). Best to have a list of your PNRs though so that you can look them up manually if the website or app can't list them at the time you need them..

Globaliser Feb 25, 2019 5:24 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30818651)
...but hasn't there already been two episodes in the recent years? :eek:

There isn't a disaster in the making merely because you've seen for the first time something that very many of us have to put up with from time to time.

Ancient Observer Feb 25, 2019 5:27 am

It is also one of those issues that might need you to clear the cache of cookies. I do not know what cookies BA use, but one one occasion I ended up using 3 browsers to make a booking. A full cache clear and IT 101, (turn the machine off and on again) eventually worked with Firefox,

BingBongBoy Feb 25, 2019 5:47 am

Yep... Happens all the time with mine too...

I am currently only showing bookings which my TA made months ago and are half used... My own bookings which are all new and the trip not started yet, are not there...

They will be later on or tomorrow....