13 future reservations gone?

Old Feb 25, 19, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
you can blame some of my mates in India
Old Feb 25, 19, 6:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I get it around 2 or 3 times a year
Well, if the experiences in the OF household are anything to go by, it's 2 or 3 times a week at the moment.

Routinely losing the connection between customer master data and customer transactions and having to have a batch job put it back together is an indicator that a corporations IT is in a pretty parlous state.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 7:14 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
Your reservations haven't gone anywhere, just that some small component is broken / out of synch / unable to connect between BA's back end services and their front end services (such as the website or the app).
This is how I imagine the relationship between back end and front end in BA IT...

ThatT1Feeling, Beano HK and Tocsin like this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
There isn't a disaster in the making merely because you've seen for the first time something that very many of us have to put up with from time to time.
Didn't really figure the (temporary, as it turned out) blanking of my future reservations was something equivalent to an IT melt-down. Two recent episodes that came to my mind, and, IMHO, seems to indicate major IT dysfunction, were:

1. 30 May 2017; https://www.theguardian.com/business...er-surge-claim

2. 21 September 2018; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erminal-5.html

Do you mean that there are many BA passengers having to put up with this type of major travel disruption "from time to time", i.e. many times?
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold/SPG Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I had the disappearing reservations thing happen a couple of weeks ago and like others it has happened a number of times previously. Also I received one of those BA e-mails today saying my flight was cancelled and had been re-booked on the exact same flight. In this case the BA codeshare flight on AY using the 359 from LHR- HEL where the only difference was rather than Club it had changed to Club Europe although everything including the seat assignment was exactly the same when I went in to look at the booking. Same e-ticket number , flight times, aircraft etc. and nothing changed on either the BA or Finnair apps
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by onobond View Post
Do you mean that there are many BA passengers having to put up with this type of major travel disruption "from time to time", i.e. many times?
Do you mean when reservations aren't listed on one's BAEC welcome page? (Which is the same position as for a large proportion of BA's passengers all the time, ie those who don't have BAEC accounts.) If so, I hadn't previously considered that such an event might count as "major travel disruption".
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Do you mean when reservations aren't listed on one's BAEC welcome page? (Which is the same position as for a large proportion of BA's passengers all the time, ie those who don't have BAEC accounts.) If so, I hadn't previously considered that such an event might count as "major travel disruption".
Just want to make a comment. The "major travel disruptions" are described in the information in my post above the single last paragraph quoted
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not concerned about really losing the reservations, but the fact that many of you have experienced the same, and some even more than once, does however make me worried. I guess we're in for another BA melt-down?
Just want to make a comment. The "major travel disruptions" are described in the information in my post above the single last paragraph quoted
That was precisely my point. The list of reservations vanishing from the BAEC welcome page is something that happens from time to time, and has happened from time to time for years. It is no big deal. It is not a harbinger of an IT meltdown. And the fact that you have seen it for the first time does not make it a harbinger of an IT meltdown.
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Two recent (>2 years) "melt-downs" were exemplified in the post still only being partly quoted
Old Feb 25, 19, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Didn't really figure the (temporary, as it turned out) blanking of my future reservations was something equivalent to an IT melt-down. Two recent episodes that came to my mind, and, IMHO, seems to indicate major IT dysfunction, were:

1. 30 May 2017; https://www.theguardian.com/business...er-surge-claim

2. 21 September 2018; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erminal-5.html

Itís BA. Itís an old British institution like BT, Royal Mail, the BBC, Post Office. It normally works and has a CEO trying to drag it kicking & screaming into the 21st century but bits of it inevitably are a bit old fashioned and every now & then you expect it to massively drop the ball!
Old Feb 25, 19, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two recent (>2 years) "melt-downs" were exemplified in the post still only being partly quoted
We all know about them.

You were attempting to suggest that this reservation list problem, which you have now seen for the first time but many of us have seen many times over many years, heralds a future melt-down. That's just being sensationalist, if not downright hysterical.
stewardo likes this.
Old Mar 21, 19, 11:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just an extra datapoint to help pinpoint the cause :

Windows10/Edge :
Log out, and log in again : "We can't find any bookings for this account."

Of note was that the session had previously been logged to a different BAEC account, which had no upcoming bookings.

I am now sure this ""We can't find any bookings for this account" has nothing at all to do with errors in the data BA hold centrally, and everything to do with cookies, and is surely linked to this fault log off ba.com and make sure you clear cookies after, which notes that you see the bookings of the previous logged-on account.
Old Mar 21, 19, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Silver
Oh you're right. Google Chrome showing no future bookings for me. Tried Incognito due to the post above this one, and voila, they appear!
Old Mar 22, 19, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Yes, it also happens to me quite alot. I agree that it can be an inconvenience, especially if you want to access the booking for a specific reason (on one occasion I wanted to download my boarding pass). Where the BA app is concerned I find it helps to delete it and then download it again - seems to make it update itself.