Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds voucher scheme ending - when is it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Lloyds voucher scheme ending - when is it?

Hi all,

Thanks to the ID checks, I got one of the last of the Lloyds Avios cards with the upgrade voucher possibility.

I thought the scheme was closing, but I still haven't heard.

With my anniversary coming up next month, will I have time to earn another one?

(Don't they have to give you 90 days notice of changes?)

I can run the cash through the account pretty quickly at this time of year ;-)
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:54 pm

July, probably.

Palmer
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
I still haven't got any communications about the Amex closing!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, July; the final letters due to go out in April with 3 months notice.

No letter yet here either, but sitting on 6.5k spend waiting until the last moment to trigger it
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just had a new Amex card arrive. Any my new year has just started, but I don’t seem to have been billed my annual fee.

I wish there was something on record as to the proceedure for those who have part earned their upgrade voucher when it does eventually cease. As I don’t know the date I can’t plan my spend to meet the Ł7000 by that date.

All a bit messy
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Just had a new Amex card arrive. Any my new year has just started, but I don’t seem to have been billed my annual fee.
Lucky you. My significant other, had her annual fee debited just last week.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Just had a new Amex card arrive. Any my new year has just started, but I don’t seem to have been billed my annual fee
With AMEX it seems to post at the end of the relevant statement period not right away so keep an eye out for it then.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I'm sure that I have spent the required Ł7k but not a sign of a voucher. It must be on the account anniversary and I have a feeling that it was around now that last year's arrived. I must phone Lloyds to ask when that is. I would hold back further spending on that card until then, if it's soon.
Update, the last fee came out in September so this will be my last year on that card. They must have issued the voucher soon after I spent the required amount.

Last edited by Stormbel; Feb 24, 2019 at 5:37 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If my memory serves me correctly (I am currently traveling), I believe that Lloyds has already reduced the termination notice period from 90 days down to 60 days - this was in a change to the card terms and conditions that they issued last September.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zanderblue

Lucky you. My significant other, had her annual fee debited just last week.
Same here. Although we’ll get a prorata refund when they do shut down.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
quick question.. where would one find the voucher given the avios website is closed now?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by salehir
quick question.. where would one find the voucher given the avios website is closed now?
You have to call them... You also receive an email when you trigger the voucher, but with Lloyds/avios IT systems I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by wmaciej
You have to call them... You also receive an email when you trigger the voucher, but with Lloyds/avios IT systems I wouldn't hold my breath.
I received my final one a few weeks ago and yes the only way you'll be notified of this, as you cannot check the Avios site anymore, is by receiving an email from Avios (not Lloyds) with subject "You've earned a flight upgrade voucher".

I used it that same day and when the agent was checking the validity of the voucher she mentioned it was issued some 12 days prior. So, if someone is waiting for it to trigger... be aware there is a substantial lag between it being awarded and you actually getting the email!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
The Avios site is not closed, I checked my existing voucher yesterday. If you open an Aer Club account you’ll have a valid Avios login as a result of that.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Can someone please remind me, what is the qualifying period for voucher?
Is it calendar year starting from annual renewal or is it 12 months after triggering previous voucher?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.