left stuff on plane - my fault, but......

Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:11 am

Fellow pax and the process flow are to blame if it does not retrieve.

Cleaners, vulnerable employment contracts aside, are security checked both ways, and running around with IT equipment may lead to them being questioned.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I once worked with a guy who used to clean the planes before a departure. He said stuff was found all the time, mostly new purchases from duty free that people had forgotten about.

He said there was really very little chance to take anything as they were security screened on entering and leaving the airport.
​​​​​
He did say that anything that was found was tagged against the finder's name and was up for grabs if unclaimed 6 months later. Not sure whether the process is the same around the UK or elsewhere in the world.

I would suspect a passenger over a cleaner!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex Premier
Originally Posted by Grace B
So there are honest airport employees, but in a minority?
What a disgusting statement.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I was well looked after by a lovely CSM on B2B to SOF last year. I left my reading glasses behind on my seat 1D (probably because I had been looked after so well...;-))

I registered via the lost property website mentioned above.

A couple of days later, I had a call from BA Customer Relations to say that the CSM had taken the glasses with her and wanted to send them to me rather than hand them into the lost property office/process. I agreed that the man I spoke to could pass on my address to the CSM and she sent them to me. I received them a couple of days later.

I was very impressed and a Golden Ticket was issued online!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
still not turned up. I'll give it until tomorrow and then start the insurance claim. As I said before, my fault, but if you leave something in a seat pocket and it's not nicked by another passenger on the way out, then it should be a fairly easy process to reunite it.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by irmster
still not turned up. I'll give it until tomorrow and then start the insurance claim. As I said before, my fault, but if you leave something in a seat pocket and it's not nicked by another passenger on the way out, then it should be a fairly easy process to reunite it.
We all wish it was that easy
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Did you try tracking it as per my last comment?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd give it a few days yet before giving up hope.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by tinkicker
Unscrew the bottom, remove hard drive , hit with hammer, take remains to 'small electronics' bit of recycling ctr.
Quite. Although, being paranoid about not doing enough damage with a hammer, my method has always been to drill a few holes through the drive. Try getting my data off that!
tinkicker likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I left my wallet in the Duty Free shop at Washington Dulles recently. It was handed in to Lost and Found and I was able to get a colleague to retrieve it about two weeks later. Of the two hundred dollars in the wallet only twenty was missing. So it goes to prove that there are a lot of honest people out there.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by heb999
Of the two hundred dollars in the wallet only twenty was missing. So it goes to prove that there are a lot of honest people out there.
Not that honest if they nicked $20.
Scots_Al, LTN Phobia and babats like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SteveF
Originally Posted by heb999
Of the two hundred dollars in the wallet only twenty was missing. So it goes to prove that there are a lot of honest people out there.
Not that honest if they nicked $20.
If it had been my wallet, I think I'd have been inclined ascribe this to my own miscounting or misremembering of how much was in it. Maybe I'm too cynical, but I would rather expect everything to be gone, or nothing.
jerry a. laska and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:41 am

Isn't there a risk that BA didn't find it before the next flight from LHR to some random airport XYZ? In that case, you might need to search for the item at XYZ as well.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If it had been my wallet, I think I'd have been inclined ascribe this to my own miscounting or misremembering of how much was in it. Maybe I'm too cynical, but I would rather expect everything to be gone, or nothing.
I had just been to an ATM, so knew exactly what was in the wallet. It was a different wallet to my usual spending and I had drawn the cash to give to someone as a gift. I was very grateful to get back $180 as opposed to nothing.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Have you tried Find my iPad?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.