Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's my real status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster

What's my real status

A few weeks ago my flight was cancelled, BA very quickly moved me on to the next flight a couple of hours later, so it was no big deal, but here's the interesting thing......

I was booked in business for my original flight, and when going to board my second flight was also in business, but I found out whilst queuing to board, that whilst I had kept my business seat some other passengers (that were originally booked on the later flight in business) had not been so lucky and had been bumped down to economy. From talking to people there did not seem to be an obvious pattern (ie. early flight business passengers were guaranteed business on the later flight).

So my conclusion from this and a few other incidents is that not all passengers with the same externally facing status (ie. bronze, silver, gold, ggl) have the same status in BA's CRM software. I know BA have VIP and CIP, and i know I am CIP, but is there anything else going on behind the scenes?

Is it possible that when a BA employee looks at their internal system, two Gold status passengers actually have a different status? eg. one is Gold and the other is Gold+

I've looked all over the place to try and find any info on it but am drawing a blank.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
BA assigns a CIV to each customer. The ranges vary. There are some specific figures available on here.

For example
A weird CIV-related question

Edit. And welcome to FT
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
And, if there are not enough seats for everyone to get into business they have to downgrade people. It could be toss of a coin, could be something to do with fare patd, could be a mix of this and other factors
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum always_in_the_air, it's always good to see new faces here, welcome on board.

You've seen the note above about CIV, but yes CIP is also the sort of thing that airport staff / Flight Management Unit will use to decide who would be allocated CW seating if hard decisions had to be made.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the comments and links. You led me in exactly the right direction. It also got me to thinking and......

I just found out what my actual CIV number is, I think !!!

When BA was hacked I emailed them and asked them to divulge exactly what data they held about me and what data had been stolen. Anyway, long story short, the process led to BA sending a HUGE pdf with an unbelievable amount of info in, and hidden away in my customer data was my "CCV Profile", which I can only assume is the same as my CIV?

Good news is its respectably high.

Thanks all for the info.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
CCV profile? Maybe it relates to your credit card verification (last three digits on your credit/debt card signature strip)? As daft as it sounds why wouldn't they just call it your CIV Profile if it relates to your CIV score?

Bri
watersign likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hanmer
CCV profile? Maybe it relates to your credit card verification (last three digits on your credit/debt card signature strip)? As daft as it sounds why wouldn't they just call it your CIV Profile if it relates to your CIV score?

Bri
That's what i thought initially, but it's ony two digits, and is just below all my BAEC details.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
So, what was the number?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
So, what was the number?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Forgive me, but what does CIP mean?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Cheapskate22
Forgive me, but what does CIP mean?
Commercially Important Passenger
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I had a closer look at the new BA app and it turns out that BA is sending quite a bit of information to the customer including the CIV. So for the end customer it's actually possible to obtain their CIV without asking BA staff.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I had a closer look at the new BA app and it turns out that BA is sending quite a bit of information to the customer including the CIV. So for the end customer it's actually possible to obtain their CIV without asking BA staff.
Care to share how?
ens100, T8191, frasier and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
In a nutshell the Android app is a mess and uses pretty much any technology available to store/move data besides RFC 1149 style communication.
There's an SQLite database whereas other data is pushed in JSON blobs. The lounge WiFi password list is a flat file neither SQLite nor JSON.
To manage a booking a Java web service with XML as container format is used. Inside that XML file they include all SSR fields including this:

SSR: [Type:FQTV] [Status:HK] [CompanyId:BA] [Indicator:P02]FTI: [Carrier:BA] [Number:111111] [Level:GOLD] [Priority:2] [Value:97] [Carrier2:BA] [Number2:11111] [Level2:EMER] [Priority2:1] [Description2:EMERALD] [Company2:*O] [Value2:0]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:AGT/BA PLS ENTER VALID TICKET NBR BY XXNOV19 OR RISK CANCELLATION]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:IF FARE RULE HAS EARLIER TICKETING DEADLINE IT MUST BE OBSERVED /MSGEUR]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:PLS NOTE BA TIME LIMIT FOR THIS PNR WILL NOT CHANGE IF REBOOKED. FOR ANEW DEADLINE PLEASE CREATE A NEW PNR]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:YY] [FreeText:UNABLE TO AUTHORISE USE OF GUFT VOUCHER AS ITINERARY INVALID//RGDS]
SSR: [Type:GCUV] [CompanyId:BA] [FreeText:XXX/HMR]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:UPGRADE OK FOR BA981/XXNOV BA093/XXNOV BA116/XXFEB BA982/XXFEB]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:PLEASE ISSUE TICKETS AND ENSURE CORRECT TAX AMOUNT ARE COLLECTED]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:PLEASE ENSURE DEAL NUMBER IS ADDED TO THE TICKETS]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:AGT/BA BA93/XXNOV-BA5239/XXNOV BELOW MCT YTO 02.30]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:PLS VERIFY MCT AND CORRECT ITIN OR BA WILL CXL AFTER 72 HOURS]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:1S] [FreeText:CXLD DUE SUB-MCT]
SSR: [Type:OTHS] [CompanyId:BA] [FreeText:INVOL SC BA5239AA OK CHNG]
There's no trivial way from within the app to see all this but with a PNR+last for an active BA PNR I could look it up and send it back.
I might write a program to automate this as proof of concept, though.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
besides RFC 1149.
Maybe they should, the callsign is speedbird afterall...
El_Duderito likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.