Search

Can anyone beat this?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Can anyone beat this?

Hi All!

Im sure someone will enjoy this challenge....

Ideally I really need to either get in to PHL earlier on the 15th or leave later on the 16th but I cant find it anywhere near this price in ANY class.....

The price is for 2 passengers

Help!!!!
Thanks!

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by moonunit
Hi All!

Im sure someone will enjoy this challenge....

Ideally I really need to either get in to PHL earlier on the 15th or leave later on the 16th but I cant find it anywhere near this price in ANY class.....

The price is for 2 passengers

Help!!!!
Thanks!

Are SAAver award seats available on the flights you prefer? If so, consider using miles -- AA, BA, IB, JL, etc. If you don't have enough miles, but have been an AAdvantage member for at least 30 days, you might be able to save some money by just buying the necessary AA miles: AA currently has a sale on buying miles.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

No direct BA seats available with avios sadly
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moonunit
No direct BA seats available with avios sadly
How about connecting flights? IB Avios can provide very good value on short-distance trips involving connections. Do you have an IB Plus account to which you could transfer some BA Avios?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Sadly its a very short trip so trying to maximise time!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And if you'll be staying in or near Manhattan while in NYC, I would take a bus (Megabus, Bolt Bus, etc.) or Amtrak from NYC to PHL.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For two passengers travelling from Manhattan to Philadelphia on the morning of July 15, Amtrak would charge a total of $88; the trip would take about 1.5 hours. Megabus would charge a total of $12.50 ($5.00 per passenger, plus a $2.50 booking fee); the bus ride would take about 2 hours.

For downtown Manhattan to downtown Philadelphia, either option is likely to be faster than flying LGA-PHL.
trooper, HMPS, DeathSlam and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
For two passengers travelling from Manhattan to Philadelphia on the morning of July 15, Amtrak would charge a total of $88; the trip would take about 1.5 hours. Megabus would charge a total of $12.50 ($5.00 per passenger, plus a $2.50 booking fee); the bus ride would take about 2 hours.

For downtown Manhattan to downtown Philadelphia, either option is likely to be faster than flying LGA-PHL.
amazing!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Amtrak also has bigger, more comfortable seats than any airline on this route (even "First class"). The speed is a little quaint (slower than a UK London commuter train at top whack) but the comfort is high.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Not sure where you live or how flexible your arrangements are, but Ottawa YOW (where I now live), is very close to YUL and they have lots of AA availability to PHL. Not sure if you need to go to NYC, but YOW-PHL is about 30 quid in taxes plus a few Avios. Could likely catch a cheap domestic from PHL to NYC, or even easier is AmTrak.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:41 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As we’re some distance from anything connected with BA here - an AA itinerary has now morphed into Amtrak trains - and the OP has received some sound advice, we’ll close the thread at this stage.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.